Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most beautiful landscape in CRPG

TheDeveloperDude

MagicScreen Games
Developer
Like the Necromancers' Guild in Might and Magic 8.

adegron

Literate
Oblivion can be really beautiful when seen in the right light.

latest

DemonKing

Arcane
Some of the art in the original Icewind Dale was pretty majestic, like Kuldahar:

EudsxSayN5I3PX0Zu-9_lmS6hVQwhRe3naJlbo1W6h7s8tSPvVlw5ZFaNFHhokarKKMoux-itolfMhNb0wt19xfU=w640-h400-e365-rj-sc0x00ffffff

If we're talking 3D Elden Ring is pretty good, like when you emerge from Stormveil Castle and see Liurnia of the Lakes before you:

3949077-guide_eldenring_liurniapath_site.jpg

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Some of the art in the original Icewind Dale was pretty majestic, like Kuldahar:

EudsxSayN5I3PX0Zu-9_lmS6hVQwhRe3naJlbo1W6h7s8tSPvVlw5ZFaNFHhokarKKMoux-itolfMhNb0wt19xfU=w640-h400-e365-rj-sc0x00ffffff

If we're talking 3D Elden Ring is pretty good, like when you emerge from Stormveil Castle and see Lunaria of the Lakes before you:

3949077-guide_eldenring_liurniapath_site.jpg
Infinity Engine could look very beautiful.
I like it, though guys like Zed Duke of Banville might disagree.
I just like outdoor environments, forests, mountains, doesn't matter.
Morrowind is one of the more unique settings, defying the typical high fantasy woods and forests stereotype.

Falksi

Arcane
Bard's Tale 4...

pOnkpNR.png

Not CRPGs, but too good to not include...

Atomic Runner...

NWLVjx9.png

Comix Zone...

A5HLwcQ.png

Final Fantasy 6...

VnQEDir.png

Sonic 2...

8EcbU9U.png

PDmPC6m.png

REhorror

Educated
Weirdly enough, I don't have my favorite CRPG world, probably Gothic again but I love it for the world's liveliness than art direction.

Art direction wide, I'm going JRPG. Grandia 2 and Dragon Quest!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom