Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News More IPLY death throes

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, to get back on topic, does anyone know what happened today?

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
atoga said:
Sammael said:
English grammar is incredibly easy to learn (compared to most other languages).
Is that sarcasm? Comparatively, any other European language (save the dead stuff) is a piece of cake because the grammatical rules are always consistent, and foreign languages are certainly not my forte. Rules in English, on the other hand, are contradictory; there are way too many exceptions to every rule.

Except french.

atoga said:
Sauron is right,

Right.

triCritical

Erudite
I think what Briosafreak posted, was to someone who had inside info that it is officially over.

I am bit sad, over the last 3 years its kind of been interesting the back and forth speculation of IPLY demise, and while we all knew it was coming it never really came. Oh well, now its time to start speculating on Bioware's demise..

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
We will all scatter like dust in the wind, now that interplay is dead. It will be like in the end of Sandlot.

"Exitium grew up being a faggot and playing Lineage 2 with his Korean friends."

Seven

Erudite
I believe you meant to say, "He grew up to be a faggot and played Lineage 2 with his Korean friends".

And no, Iply's not taking any one down with it, except perhaps some employees.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Quarter to 3 said:
Also since Titus has been living off of Interplay, its likely to fold any day as well. Probably liquidation paperwork will be filed in the next week or so.
HALLELUJAH!!

To bring down Titus as well will make this a most satisfactory death.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
I doubt Bioware goes down any time soon, their 20 expansions for NWN probably racked up enough money to fund at least 20 others.

And Bioware must not be paying too much game developpers/designers,, they constantly reuse the same recipe..

Nuclear Wolf

Novice
Hey I hope im not to late to join the party :twisted:

This is really some good news im sinking my teeth deep into this.

Just figured i would swing on by like tarzan and say hello to all my friends/enimies. Pops a beer open to celebrate the death of IP finally ive waited long enough for this to happen there is justice in this world for those who wait..

I get the Techwiz and Shodan *mounts heads on poles and parraids them around for all to see* you guys can have whats left. :P

I bet they struggle and dont die quicky it will be ugly and if they pull through i'll be very dissapointed. But this gives new hope for F3 they may have to sell the tital just to keep there buisness afloat and i hope and pray some one offers to buy it like the devs that first worked on it. Thats the only good thing that could happen.

Anyways good buy have a nice time reveling in the aftermath. :twisted:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I've heard a few rumors that they were going to lay everyone off yesterday, but I haven't had time to check up on if they actually did. It could be true that was what they were going to do, then again there's a lot of doom and gloom circling around Interplay.

It is pretty fucked up that Interplay ended 2003 with $1.4M in the bank and they didn't pay rent or health insurance for their employees just a few month later. I think Herve Caen deserves douchebag of the year for that last one, though. Even more so considering he spent $400,000+ on buying up 9,000,000 shares of IPLY stock anticipating selling Interplay to someone else. I guess he's just mothballing IPLY in hops to get as much cash off the sale as possible.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I still wanna know what he asked for the company price wise. That is really mind blowing to think that he really got laughed out of the building. What the hell was he thinking? IPLY hasn't produced a good game in years.

Rosh

Erudite
S4ur0n27 said:
Yea, but mostly now I can be the proud owner of tons of FOBOS copies I can resell!!

Start in the 3rd world.

Spazmo

Erudite
Actually, if you toss in unsold copies of RLH, you could use all those boxes to build houses and wells and such.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Do you have Herve's e-mail? I want to put in an offer. I would even go as high as $25, but he can't cash the check until the first of the month.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Ask for a money order, not a check. Safer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom