Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More Fallout 3 facepalm inducing goodness

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Volly is smart enough not to buy games he knows will be shit.

Armacalypse

Scholar
Fallout 3 seems to fail at so many levels, but it still has guns, gore, post-apocalypse, and the chance of not being a boring painful pile of shit like Oblivion that you can't stand for more than 30 minutes.

As much as things point to it not being the case, the game has a chance to be enjoyable. And since I can't trust reviews to tell me if it is, I'll pirate it.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Shoelip said:
I'll borrow it from a my friend who himself had it preordered for him as a gift last year. I might actually enjoy some of it if I don't think of it as Fallout 3.
Thinking of it as Oblivion 2 should definitely help.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Mareus said:
Like I said, most of the things people here on the Codex complain are valid, but that doesn't change the fact you have to atleast try the game if you want to include yourself in discussions on the forums once the game comes out. What people are doing now is expressing their fears and discontent with what Bethseda says it will be in the game. However once the game comes out it will probably be somewhat different (it could be better or worse). When that happens people will come and talk what was good and what was bad and if you show up and say: "I didn't play the game, but VD said it sucks so it must suck you will look a bit of an ass." I just want to have my own oppinion on the game, and if you want to wait... sure, go ahead I won't stop you.

So basically you simply want to pirate the game and appear moral and intellectual while doing so. I call bullshit on this hypocrisy.

You're also gonna do an overdose of heroine or get AIDS to see for yourself if is bad as other people claim it is?

Mareus

Magister
Gragt said:
Mareus said:
Like I said, most of the things people here on the Codex complain are valid, but that doesn't change the fact you have to atleast try the game if you want to include yourself in discussions on the forums once the game comes out. What people are doing now is expressing their fears and discontent with what Bethseda says it will be in the game. However once the game comes out it will probably be somewhat different (it could be better or worse). When that happens people will come and talk what was good and what was bad and if you show up and say: "I didn't play the game, but VD said it sucks so it must suck you will look a bit of an ass." I just want to have my own oppinion on the game, and if you want to wait... sure, go ahead I won't stop you.

So basically you simply want to pirate the game and appear moral and intellectual while doing so. I call bullshit on this hypocrisy.

You're also gonna do an overdose of heroine or get AIDS to see for yourself if is bad as other people claim it is?

Pfff... whatever you say man..

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
Gragt said:

It's not even worth pirating this POS. 8+ gigabytes of downloading is not worth losing the brandwidth by any means, and you'll indirectly be paying for it anyway due to the monthly internet cost.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't even try, Gragt; I did like years ago. They'll pirate it, then feel smug and superior about it [Haha, I didn't buy it, suckers! I told you it would suck! That's why I spent twenty hours playing that piece of shit!].

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it beeeee~

Texas Red

Whiner
Gragt said:
Mareus said:

Yes, it's exactly black and white like that, piracy is wrong and that's it :roll:. Bethesda has stolen the rights from under Troika's noses, consolifed and dumbed down one of the most beloved RPGs out of greed and simply ignorance etc. Basically, with all of the shit Bethesda has pulled, among them blatantly lying about their "radiant AI", they deserve nothing less than being pirated.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Dark Individual, modern Robin Hood! The forces of good unite in this man.

Go forth, friends! Be heroes! Pirate the game! They deserved it! These greedy bastards who STOLE the rights like petty thiefes deserve nothing less! Come, brothers! Let's do a good deed for once and fight their ignorance!

Who's with me?

We'll be the Anti Bethesda Nationally Conscious Front and our virtue will blind, blind I say, the unwashed masses!

Each download will be like a nail in Bethesda's grave. We can bring them down, together!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Actually here's a good idea: ask all your friends you know to download Fallout 3, then delete it! Each deleted copy is basically like robbing a copy of Fallout 3 from a store! The financial losses you cause Bethesda will be massive!

Personally, I'm going to buy five PCs that download FO 3 non-stop and delete the .isos after each download automatically so I can deliver maximum harm to these wicked bastards.

Micmu

Magister
OMG i'm gonna get a 2TB hard drive rite now and download as many copies as possible. I'M GONA DRAIN THE INTERNETS

Zomg

Arbiter
Decline of the Codex if we only get informed criticism from people faggotty enough to buy FO3 new. Moderate decline of the Codex if we have to rely on pirate reviews from hateful teenagers.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Wilco said:
It's not even worth pirating this POS. 8+ gigabytes of downloading is not worth losing the brandwidth by any means, and you'll indirectly be paying for it anyway due to the monthly internet cost.

8 Gb? I did not even know it would be that much.

Jasede said:
Don't even try, Gragt [...]

I couldn't help it...

Lumpy

Arcane
Jasede said:
Actually here's a good idea: ask all your friends you know to download Fallout 3, then delete it! Each deleted copy is basically like robbing a copy of Fallout 3 from a store! The financial losses you cause Bethesda will be massive!

Personally, I'm going to buy five PCs that download FO 3 non-stop and delete the .isos after each download automatically so I can deliver maximum harm to these wicked bastards.
Since you're being ironic, are you actually saying that piracy doesn't really hurt developers?

Raapys

Arcane
Lumpy said:
Since you're being ironic, are you actually saying that piracy doesn't really hurt developers?

Of course it hurts developers.

If I download 1 million copies they will lose 1,000,000*60$= 60million :OOOOOo

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
no , u can make a copy of the disc image, delete it then re-copy and re-delete .

Do an auto macro and u can make beth lose 1 billion. We win !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom