Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mods that add new gamemechanics to Oblivion?

sheek

Arbiter
I know for TES 3 someone made some kind of 'Morrowind Enhanced'... an external program that allows you add all kinds of features impossible with the CS. Maybe they'll do the same with Oblivion. I'm not going to even bother, I tried the Morrowind CS and it sucked, I don't need a dumbed down version of that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vorsim said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=578270

this looks good.
Very good.
Going to try that one out this weekend.
I like everything that has beer in it.

piydek

Cipher
there is a mod called "persuasion overhaul" that removes the stupid persuasion mini game. so, that's quite good.

there's also a mod called "stealth overhaul" that i haven't checked out, but i've heard good things about it, so you might want to check it out yourself.

i'd certainly suggest using oscuro's oblivion overhaul as it does add variety to the game and does a good job at removing the ridiculous scaling.

there's a mod called "guild skill requirements" that makes it impossible to be the head of every guild and president of universe all at the same time.

there's a mod that reduces backwards running speed, which reduces number of possible exploits in combat and is more realistic.

and, of course obligatory UI mods, which make all of the compass and map markers go away, just as well as a mod that removes pop-ups of what "you're supposed to do". i don't really remember the names of these mods...

Severian Silk

whitemithrandir said:
However, since I'm not so savvy on the latest modding developments for Oblivion, you might find better feedback on the FUCKING ELDER SCROLLS MOD FORUMS.
To be fair, this thread also allows people who don't own Oblivion to catch up on what may or may not be redeeming mods without having to wade through the ESF forums.

Darkflame

Scholar
YourConscience said:
aweigh said:
For fuck's sake use the fucking Mod forum in ESF. That's what it's there and it will also garner you a ton more results. I could fill out an entire list of mods that will enhance Oblivion, but I won't, because this isn't the ESF.

Aweigh, you see, I didn't post in the ESF forums because I hoped that some people here would at least understand my question which was not simply asking for mods, but for a very special kind of mods. Some people understood it and tried to be helpful. You didn't understand it and are trying to be a troll. And I am feeding you. Here, have another tasty piece!

I kindly ask you to take your fucking mod discussion

Either you don't know what kindly is or you don't know how kindly asking works. Either way, here, have another piece of food, my cute little troll!

And to both of you trolls: I also asked about other RPG games.

I can't say I've dabbled in the major gameplaymechanic mods, but I have had some amounts of fun with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

Yes, I know about this and other common mods. But I was asking about mods that specifically add other types of gameplay, see my first post.

Asking for Oblivion mods on a forum notorious for it's disdain towards anything Bethesda is rather trollish yourself.

piydek

Cipher
asking for gameplay enhancing mods for oblivion on the codex is completely reasonable, much more so than doing that on ESF, since at ESF nobody would even understand the question, nor would understand where you're coming from. you'd get answers like "oblivion rulez, i don't need crappy user mods, inferior to teh kewl bethesda stuff". everyone looooves oblivion as it is at ESF. this guy is obviously trying to get what can be get out of that game via gameplay mods.

YourConscience

Scholar
piydek said:
asking for gameplay enhancing mods for oblivion on the codex is completely reasonable, much more so than doing that on ESF, since at ESF nobody would even understand the question, nor would understand where you're coming from. you'd get answers like "oblivion rulez, i don't need crappy user mods, inferior to teh kewl bethesda stuff". everyone looooves oblivion as it is at ESF. this guy is obviously trying to get what can be get out of that game via gameplay mods.

Yes, thanks. That's exactly why I was asking specifically here.

Darkflame said:
Asking for Oblivion mods on a forum notorious for it's disdain towards anything Bethesda is rather trollish yourself.

Ok, so if I ask a pretty valid question to a mob and the mob shouts back that I'm stupid because the question contained the word "Oblivion" then who's the troll? Also if we were to assume that generally I like people here more than on the ESF, it's perhaps not so surprising that I'm asking here. I also don't mind feeding a few trolls. After all, I do like them here. :)

denizsi said:
But you asked for mods again, right? So, it comes down to how I said to take it to General Discussion..

Also I did ask about other RPG games as well, so I don't know why this thread would be better over in General Discussion? But I do apologize for calling you a troll. I know that one never should call someone a troll who has a much higher post-count... :D

But back to my extra question: does anyone know of such mods for other RPGs?

Oh and thanks for that link to the brewery. This is a mod which I was looking for. I just hoped that there would be more of such mods...

Ladonna

Arcane
I have heard tell that the 'Uninstall' mod that comes with the game is second to none.

YourConscience

Scholar
Heh, yeah, I actually found that mod quite soon and tried it out. Works nicely!

That's also why I am now looking for other mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom