Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mmmm kay: I've a question concerning Silent Storm:

whitemithrandir

Erudite
I just picked this gem up along with the expansion "Sentinels" recently. I know I'm a little late, but people keep on telling me what a great turnbased game it is and since I saw it for sale online for a very reasonable price, I thought heck, why not.

I'm playing the original campaign as allies at the moment, and it's pretty fun. One question: is there any way to speed up the action a bit? Enemy turns take up to ten minutes to finish sometimes! Is there a way to make them go faster?

EEVIAC

Erudite
If anyone's worked out a fix for it, it'll be at S2HQ.

Kind of unrelated, but I just saw this on the S2HQ front page :

Bandwidth Theft - We're Pissed Off! - by Biggles 13/07/2004 @ 17:58

With a massive bandwidth bill my hosting provider had a closer look at some of the traffic coming through this site.

It seems that files here, especially the really cool animated screenshots, were, and are being referenced on other websites, including Gamespot.

This is blatant bandwidth theft and unfortunately we have had to remove those images.

We are going to monitor this, and may have to remove other resources. This sort of action could see the end of community fansites such as this one. So do the right thing! Ask for permission first, or replicate the files on your own server!

Ok, rant over. Now go play some games.

Useless cunts, stealing from a fucking fan-site...

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, not to rain on your parade there EEVIAC, but it could be stuff linked into their forums by users rather than the actual sites? Otherwise I'd have to agree it's really disgusting...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom