Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microtransactions

Llyranor

Liturgist
Will AoD feature these? I haven't seen this important issue covered before, and its lack of exposure is a bit distressing for me. I must know if microtransactions are being planned as we speak.

galsiah

Erudite
It was announced a while back:
Vault Dweller said:
For downloadable content we'll be using an exciting new strategy. To whet your appetites, here's an example:
We'll be replacing all occurrences of "you're" in dialogue with "your". [we're planning to get away with this with the "English isn't our first language" line]

After a while we'll be releasing $5 downloads to revert many of the "your"s in any game to "you're"s, so at some point you'll get "you're"s and "your" on your own.

Lumpy

Arcane
Sure it will. I can't wait to get my extra content, even though I've not played the original game yet. 5 more minutes of poor content added to the 50 hours game! Woohoo!

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I can't wait for the upcoming house armour add-on for AoD. Available at the low, low price of $4.99 and comes with the Pete Hines guarentee. :lol:

psycojester

Arbiter
No there won't be any horses you'll just be able to role play as a metallic equine obsessed furry.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Actually we are planning to release new versions of my GUI as $1 add-ons. The marble one will ship with the game, and the brick one will be available for download at that affordable price. Further GUI styles will be available in the future.

Globbi

Augur
To get the answer to this question you have to send an SMS that will cost 4$

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Vault Dweller isn't a souless monster who will sell the soul he doesn't have to make money with downloadable content like certain developers who will remain named Bethesda.

However there will be an expansion which unlocks a time machine to the pre-apocalptic times.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Llyranor said:
Will AoD feature these? I haven't seen this important issue covered before, and its lack of exposure is a bit distressing for me. I must know if microtransactions are being planned as we speak.
Absolutely. Even though I was against microtransactions in the past, it became clear to me that microtransactions, if done right, will greatly increase immersion and customer satisfactions. Needless to say, we will spare no expenses (especially since you are the one who's paying) to improve your playing experience.

Let's say you are facing a tough opponent who will kick the shit out of your underdeveloped (courtesy of our poorly designed character system) avatar and then rape its corpse. So, you are about to face a humiliating defeat when the badass opponent says:

- Hey, man, for only $2.99 I'll throw a fight. Hit me and I'll fake a critical.
- No, thanks. I'll fight honorably!
- I'm sure you will. What choice do you have? I, on the other hand, have this sword that always hits and causes massive criticals. Sweet, eh? You can have it for only $3.99.
- No! Prepare to fight, evil scum!
- Fine. I see that a little demonstration is in order. Attack me, I won't hit back.
- miss, miss, miss, miss, miss... what the fuck?!
- It's bugged. The only way to proceed is to pay the money, bro.

Fez

Erudite
It sounds awesome. The future I dreamed of is here.

denizsi

Arcane
There is too much text, it bleeds my eyes. I'd puy any sum for a mod that makes all the text go away with arrows and pointers to show me where to go, what to kill.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Does this mean that I'll be able to import my character's face from Oblivion to AoD? My sister has 10 months left of Xbox live BTW so hurry up guys

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom