Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Microsoft Showcase 2023: Avowed, Clockwork Revolution, Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Seconding someone's post Starfield looked the least bad, which is p. shocking.

(Strictly speaking the Cyberpunk DLC look p. good too but I had more than my fill of that world and won't be going back. CP2077 was the most aggressively MEH game I've played in the last 10 years.)

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Seconding someone's post Starfield looked the least bad, which is p. shocking.

(Strictly speaking the Cyberpunk DLC look p. good too but I had more than my fill of that world and won't be going back. CP2077 was the most aggressively MEH game I've played in the last 10 years.)
In fact you should buy the dlc for Cyberpunk and replay it because of the giant mechanics update that will essentially change the feel of the game a lot
Also gift a copy to your friends

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
In 2006 I remember calling other people graphics whores on gaming forums, I sure didn't expect to feel like one 17 years later.
Some of us have been graphics whores since 1986:

defenderofthecrown_brzni43.gif
thank you for sharing this .gif, it's very beautiful

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No graphics ever again shocked me like Defender of the Crown on Amiga.
It was such a huge jump from 8-bit home computers.

Obsidian's art direction sucks, BTW.

It's fucking depressing that after 30 years we have insanely more powerful on a order of magnitude hardware and what we get is shit. Can't remember when I was amazed by tech progress, probably turok/unreal/quake1 + 3dfx voodoo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom