Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Microsoft Gamescom 2015 Conference: Dark Souls III Gameplay Trailer

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Crooked Bee has this straight. It has a retro-90's dungeon crawl feel, much like the Lands of Lore series after #1, or Ultima Underworld, or multitudes of others.

Considering Diablo had less sophistication, yet is within the RPG genre, it not exactly up for debate what genre Dark Souls fall into.

However, the graphics. Seriously? These look just as shittily drawn as Dark Souls 1, except with MOAR REFLECTION!!11!

The animations are still less fluid than any Source engine game, like Dark Messiah, and considerably less smooth than Alice, which was last gen. Even worse, Alice got panned on its graphics by several prominent gaming magazines, and that is on prior tech consoles.

Also, textures are blotchy, at best, and I can barely tell the wall from stacks of crates in the distance, as both look flat, blocky, and without natural texture, instead substituting a rubber look.

They also ought to work on natural physics! I am betting they still use decals to mark walls that have been scratched, just to cut development costs. Milking it much?

EDIT: Yes, I know. I will probably own this game and love it! Other than that, it looks and feels great.

Salute,

Dawnrazor
The important question is, has FROM software discovered delta time?

Alfons

Prophet
The first dark souls is one of my favourite games, but this seems to be turning into some COD bullshit.

I'm still butthurt about never experiencing something like the transition from DS to DkS. I wanted to see how are they going to transfer certain elements to a different universe. Broad ideas like the ending of the game being in the first area of the game I.E. under firelink shrine or under the nexus what I got was the fan service/rehash that was DkSII. :mad:

I don't expect much in terms of mechanics. It will probably still have the bullshit oversight feature where enemy attacks clip all over the environment. I just wish they drop the sequelitis shit and make it a "Devil Souls" or "Damned Souls" and make a completely new universe again.

The first dark souls is one of my favourite games, but this seems to be turning into some COD bullshit.

I'm still butthurt about never experiencing something like the transition from DS to DkS. I wanted to see how are they going to transfer certain elements to a different universe. Broad ideas like the ending of the game being in the first area of the game I.E. under firelink shrine or under the nexus what I got was the fan service/rehash that was DkSII. :mad:

I don't expect much in terms of mechanics. It will probably still have the bullshit oversight feature where enemy attacks clip all over the environment. I just wish they drop the sequelitis shit and make it a "Devil Souls" or "Damned Souls" and make a completely new universe again.

You mean Bloodborne?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom