Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metroid: Other M

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Metroid Prime 1 was great except for the artifact hunt at the end and the entirety of the Phazon mines which would have been more suited for something like Quake.

Metroid Prime 2 has some of the best atmosphere seen in any game. The art and monster design is the best of any game I've seen. The problem is the dark world. It's not so much dark as it is purple, and there is way too much of it. Ammo for beam weapons was stupid too. And of course there was another key hunting quest which is never fun. They could have improved the game a lot by just cutting a lot of dark aether and a few annoying bosses. There is an excellent game buried here and if it were not so difficult to hack console games like this then I think modders would have rescued it.

Metroid Prime 3 was trying too hard to be Halo.

I would love to see a Metroid game that ditches combat almost entirely and focuses on exploration and atmosphere. Something open ended and slow paced to allow you to experience the exotic alien imagery. That's why everyone likes Super the best because that's where it's strongest. The inclusion of multiplayer DM in MP2 was just disgraceful and retarded. The action in Other M looks nice but it is exactly what the series doesn't need at this point. Still I am looking forward to it.

Felix

Arcane
The focus is Samus's "marternal instinct", also cinematic cutscenes, what the fuck is this shit? Just shut up and just let me play, I don't fucking care.

:decline:

Q:"Will there be any option control schemes?"
Sakamoto: "There were certainly some members on the staff who weren't entirely comfortable with committing to a single control scheme, so they would ask question like, 'Couldn't we just make it possible to connect the Nunchuk and have an alternate control scheme in the game?' But I felt like that was essentially the wrong way to think about it. Like if you have to tack on other options like that, then you are really admitting defeat as a game designer..."

WTF ?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SCO said:

So did anyone actually play this hack besides me?
This is the most difficult action game i ever played. After getting the special ending with this i felt i could breeze through super metroid.

You have to master speed running, wall jumping, jump and ball roll and bomb climbing (i did this with a macro). It's absolutely insane.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom