Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Meridian 59 evolves

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
You could always try Planeshift out.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
That looks intriguing. May have to give that a gander. Like the look of skill choices so far.

Wonder how many people won't play it because it's not orgasmic eye candy. :roll:

Ortchel

Liturgist
For the love of god, avoid Planeshift like the PLAGUE. Just trust me on this one.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
The day is going to come relatively soon when graphics can not be improved anymore and i think then we are going to so a resurgence of design driven games. A graphicaly updated remake of doom (which is almost what the entire FPS genre has been) wont be possible or viable and new idea's will be required to shift units.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Ortchel said:
For the love of god, avoid Planeshift like the PLAGUE. Just trust me on this one.

I'd like to know why too. I don't put faith in posts like this. Besides, just because it isn't "pretty" doesn't mean it won't be good. The game's still in testing phase. Besides, what do you expect from a free MMORPG? Evercrack 2? Puhleeze. :roll:

Ortchel

Liturgist
Have you played Everquest 2? Just because I made a post asking about it doesn't mean I'm a huge supporter, I haven't even played it yet.

The reason I gave that warning is because I spent hours trying to get it working and when I finally did, I connected to an empty server only to find that 4 of the 5 available races are goddamn furries.

I wouldn't waste your time.

And how dare you accuse me of being a graphics whore :evil: You know I still play Daggerfall.

DarkSign

Erudite
Well about Planeshift.....hes right.

Maybe the people here would like it because:

the graphics are outdated
the gameplay "harkens back to the old days"
its more community driven
its an opensource project

buit in reality...

theres no one on
theres nothing to do but collect jems
the quaint feeling takes off after..oh...5 minutes.

Have fun with it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom