Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matrix Games to rerelease Close Combat 2,3,4

Dmitron

Arbiter
This looks promising..

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160284.html

"...revisiting Atomic Games' cult-classic Close Combat strategy series with a new game project that will revise and update the second, third, and fourth games in the series for rerelease."

"I have found that some games just play best the way they are designed and do not need to be in a 3D world to improve them or take them to the next level. When this is forced, the attempt really destroys the true magic of the game."

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Might be interesting, as long as the changes are significant enough to warrant another buy rather than just downloading mods. I don't really feel like paying for the same game twice.

Deacdo

Liturgist
They're re-releasing some old TalonSoft wargames, too. I'm looking forward to them.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hm. I could never get Eastern Front (my favourite, I think) to work under XP. But I don't want to buy it again... a patch would be too much to ask for, I guess...

Dmitron

Arbiter
I have a West Front disk lying about somewhere, haven't played it in years.

I'd pay again if the Front games were bundled and sold in one package.

fraunclein

Novice
Ok, ok, let's make it *have been. You'll really going to have hard time tracking any of the original Talonsoft versions anyway.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Yeah, well I have the original East and West Fronts... I wanted to play Rising Sun and the Fall of the Reich or however it was called - an expansion to East Front. The new bundle from Matrix will supposedly contain expansions, too.

fraunclein

Novice
They've all been on my to-buy list since '99, back when I got my inner grognard hooked to TOAW. Now that there's TOAW3, this, and the bazillion other supposedly great new strategy/wargames released recently, I'm having hard time deciding where to put my money on :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom