Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 is the Best RPG of All Time

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
thinking about it, you could also not point me to any newsworthy items, and just keep complaining about the lacking quality of my newsitems. basically putting the burden of finding better news onto my shoulders. most people here do that, so that's fine too.

this post was not a personal attack by the way, and I assure you we're still on friendly terms

mondblut

Arcane
In a couple of years, all AAA games would be ranked 99.99% across the board. Just how are they going to rank them then?

.Sigurd

Educated
And here I'm thinking that Hitman and Tomb Raider are the pinnacle of wRPG...
I'm disappointed.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
MASS EFFECT : FIGHTAN THE ANCIENT EVIL AND BE A BRO

BE A BRO WHILE FIGHTAN

BROING THE BRAND NEW BRO WORLD

SHEPPERD AND THE BROS

BRO THE BRO FIGHTAN THE BROS

POW POW POW GUNS FOR BROS

BLUE ALIEN CHICKS LIKE THE BROS

HELL FUCKING YEAH

BRO-EXPLOSION

that shit isn't funny fuck

AnalogKid

Scholar
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Personally I blame all the emotional engagement going on in ME2 for its success, I mean it can't be the rich RPG elements, right?
Yep. Look at the guy's list (which is pretty consistent with other peoples' praise of ME2):
The high quality production combined with a captivating plot, strong characters, exciting and fun combat, and near perfect pacing made for one of the best titles of 2010 so far.
All good things to have in any game, any genre. Almost all pure personal opinion stuff (e.g. I hated the combat, but obviously YMMV). Absolutely none of those items, or almost anything else in ME2, makes it an RPG. But as long as Volly keeps parroting the rest of the world, then I guess it must be.

Honestly, I think the first point about high quality production values is the only thing that really mattered for ME2. It looks slick (and not just in a pure graphics sense), so people like it.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
ME2 was a great RPG.

Bioware has taken out everything I don't like from an RPG IE.: Turn based combat, storyline, inventory management, C&C, tactics and character optimization, and added everything I love/wanted IE.: cover system, health regeneration, shooter and twitch combat.

Truly an epitome of RPG.

Crolug

Liturgist
Oh crap. What shall I do now? Change the location on gameshelf and put ME2 next to Fallout 2 and Arcanum, right?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, put it ABOVE Arcanum or Fallout. It is the best RPG ever, I mean Mass Effect is like pure role-playing. So awesome... so good graphic... dialogues, NPCs, story, C&C... everything is perfect in this game. Fallout or Arcanum are nothing in comparison to this RPG masterpiece... every RPG should be like Mass Effect 2. I'm sure other developers will make a note of it.

Hegel

Arcane
Konjad said:
No, put it ABOVE Arcanum or Fallout. It is the best RPG ever, I mean Mass Effect is like pure role-playing. So awesome... so good graphic... dialogues, NPCs, story, C&C... everything is perfect in this game. Fallout or Arcanum are nothing in comparison to this RPG masterpiece... every RPG should be like Mass Effect 2. I'm sure other developers will make a note of it.
IMHO it needs its own shelf. Possibly in the same room where you take a dump.

Bitcher

Educated
It doesn't need a shelf, just hang the DVD on the toilet roll holder. It even has a hole perfect for that use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom