Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Making History: The Calm and The Storm; install it?

Shoelip

Arbiter
I got this game as part of the Strategy First complete pack on Steam. I haven't tried it yet though thanks to all the other cheap games. So how is it?

Jason

chasing a bee
Looks like nerfed HoI2 clone.
That's not really fair to say. It's of the same subgenre (WWII grand strategy) as HOI2 but doesn't play the same as HOI2.

From what little I played it seemed like a decent game, though not one that hooked me. I think the one thing that bugged me was how the AI went about forming and breaking alliances haphazardly. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but seemed sort of random. Regardless, if you already have the game then there's no reason not to install it. Probably worth spending an hour on it to see if it works for you.

spacemoose

Erudite
babyarm has there been any good wargames since AACW, I can't go to wargamer anymore because they talk too much

Jason

chasing a bee
Napoleon's Campaigns would be the obvious choice for you, unless you're still boycotting it because of the lack of an overall campaign. If you're in the mood for another ACW game, the new Gary Grigsby one (War Between the States) is out.

Mostly, I've been playing the last two Squad Battles games: Soviet-Afghan War and Winter War. Good stuff if you dig tactical games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom