Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mafia 2 Demo Is Out

TripJack

Hedonist
1eyedking said:
So no one else thinks Mafia 1 sucked?

I really enjoyed it back when I was playing it shortly after its release.

But I gave it another play through a few months ago and... yeah, it's not too good. There are a few missions I actually like, but most were pretty tedious. I think my favorite ones were the robberies of the mansion and the bank. Even though driving up the hill to the mansion is a bitch.

Drakron

Arcane
1eyedking said:
I mean, the Codex baffles me.

Not me, I always expect things like this ...

Missions are GTA IV 'siriuz buzinez' Hollywood movie style, easy as shit (except for a race mission that comes out of fucking nowhere) yet somehow the game doesn't get bashed?

Well yes because Rockstar is doing "honorages", GTA IV did not have those RC missions that everyone hated or you see people bitching about it instead of racing.

Well that is Rockstar problem as they just have to throw what amounts to be mini games on a mandatory storyline progression mission (San Andreas is a fine example of that, fucking hate it).

In GTA IV I had troubles with that fucking "following the train" mission because I always end up driving right into the same dead end until pure power of rage blinded me and I completed it.

Mafia is shit. It's GTA with turtle-speed cars (I mean come fucking on), turtle-speed/episodic car hi-jacking, with a stupid storyline filled with uninteresting/cliched characters, and a plot twist that makes you puke in your mouth; all that minus the quirkiness, trojan language, and fucking awesome characters that made the GTA series so cool. Mafia, in fact, was one of the first "next-gen" movie-like games to be ever made. And somehow that's not bad.

Actually I recall getting killed in the first shootout mission a lot until I ended up grasping their combat system, there were many things I liked on Mafia, like having to follow the traffic laws (unlike GTA were you can drive like a madman and unless you do a no-no as hittting a police car, running over a pedestrian or not pay the toll) as it somehow looked more as a real town as GTA is simply ... a sandbox.

I got pretty far into Mafia (I beat the boat mission) until I learned THE GOD DAMN ENDING !!! FUCK! RAGE-QUIT!

For fuck's sake people do you even know what you're playing, at least some of the time? I'm becoming truly estranged to these forums, so many shit games getting praised lately that I sometimes wonder if clicked the wrong bookmark...

I understand why people liked Mafia, hell the whole "LOL! You get killed at the end" goes right some people alley and I guess things as police ACTUALLY WORKING AS THE POLICE goes into mine, if you looked at the preview you know the police is not going to quit looking for you in the entire city and you have to really evade them (granted, its a bit like GTA but its exchanging plates and not a new paintjob).

Not liking the whole "standard lock picking mini-game" but hell, its not a RPG so I cannot bitch too much about it as it makes some sense (Mafia is a pure player skills game) and I dont mind to see were it goes, as long there is NO FUCKING RACE and the story is decent ...

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SOME OF YOU ARE DEFINETALY NOT BRIAN SURGEONS MAFIA IS A GOOD GAME CAUSE IT ISN'T POPULAR YOU SEE IF THE SHEEPLE LIKE IT THEN IT WSUCKS CAUSE THEY ARE STUPIOD BUT IF THEY DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE AUTIMOPTALLY SMART FOR LIKING IT

Joghurt

Augur
Suchy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkIhgp27r8
PC vs consoles comparison.

OMG The comments are hilarious. It's the first time I've seen something like that.

One other thing, are they ever gonna make a console that looks as good as pc?I dont play pc cause the mouse & keyboard seem hard to play with,but the graphics always blow away consoles.

:retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

chzr

Scholar
is it true that you can carry both thompson and shotgun at one time, hidden in jacket? did i really spot that in gameplay video?

if yes, :decline:

also, reloading is way too fast

One other thing, are they ever gonna make a console that looks as good as pc?I dont play pc cause the mouse & keyboard seem hard to play with,but the graphics always blow away consoles.
:M

MetalCraze

Arcane
Joghurt said:
OMG The comments are hilarious. It's the first time I've seen something like that.

You haven't seen gametech.ru comments. There were retards seriously claiming that PS3 is much more powerful than any modern PC and one even claimed that PS3's CPU was 15-20 times faster than PC CPUs of 2006 ("according to third-party developers" (c) ) and PCs only now start to catch up with consoles. The reason why Mafia2 doesn't even have grass on PS3 (and lighting effects from fires - unlike on XBawks) is because devs are too lazy to use the awsum PS3 tekkknology

chzr said:
is it true that you can carry both thompson and shotgun at one time, hidden in jacket? did i really spot that in gameplay video?

Yep

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom