Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lionheart release aftermath

Sammael

Liturgist
HanoverF said:
My character has no gloves or amor better then leather of protection, but I've gotten roughly 500 scimitars or Longswords of Fleshseeking
Looks like they asked Sawyer to come up with the random equipment tables...

protobob

Liturgist
Yeah Killzig pretty much nails it. Though I do have to mention there is atleast one more small town that you can do a few quests in. Of course it has the classic 'holy crap, someone has turned into a chicken!' quest, ala BG.

The NPC's that join you are laughable. The first I met was such a fat, slow-ass knight that by the time he got to the batle, it was already over. Pathetic.

I did meet a town guard out in the bush that was pretty good. I was sorta sorry to see him get his ass creamed. He gave one for the team.

A few good moments here and there. Sigh.

triCritical

Erudite
Sammael said:
HanoverF said:
My character has no gloves or amor better then leather of protection, but I've gotten roughly 500 scimitars or Longswords of Fleshseeking
Looks like they asked Sawyer to come up with the random equipment tables...

Actually Bioware wins this prize hands down. Because you know after leaving the first of the districts in NWN, what my Barbarian needed most of all was 6 PAIRS OF ENTERTAINER GLOVES ONLY USEABLE BY BARDS!

Actually I really think this sort of random treasure screw ups is unexcusable, and not just because I did my graduate research on Monte Carlo simulations. First of all if a game is going to have it, it needs a lot of phat l00t, like Diablo and Might and Magic. Second, its really not that hard to make it RANDOM.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been getting some arrows or carnage, or arrows of fleshseeking, but I've finally gotten the greatest item evah, and I only had to kill about 40 theifs to get it, arrows of carnage AND fleshseeking!!!

To bad I dont use ranged weapons... and everything moves so fast they suck :P

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
protobob said:
Yeah Killzig pretty much nails it. Though I do have to mention there is atleast one more small town that you can do a few quests in. Of course it has the classic 'holy crap, someone has turned into a chicken!' quest, ala BG.

The NPC's that join you are laughable. The first I met was such a fat, slow-ass knight that by the time he got to the batle, it was already over. Pathetic.

I did meet a town guard out in the bush that was pretty good. I was sorta sorry to see him get his ass creamed. He gave one for the team.

A few good moments here and there. Sigh.
bob, you're right. I did neglect that one little town, another little gem in the rough. Unfortunately it was rather small and really got buried in the shuffle of all that dungeon crawling. The game had no balance at all in this regard. Very disappointing. A waste of a setting.

Hanover, ranged weapons are useless against goblins which is pretty much the first enemy you meet. Really deters anyone from developing the skill. I had about 50 in ranged when I told that goblin I wouldn't kill the dryad... he whooped my ass good. I did the same with my one handed character about a level above the ranged guy and I was able to smite him in two good whacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom