Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Lionheart patch in the works

Seven

Erudite
Sharpei_Diem said:
I like Blizzard. I think they've done some fantastic work: even though I'm not a huge RTS fan(and the capacity I do have for them has been waning since Starcraft) and their cutscenes are pretty well unequalled (I keep thinking of the brood-war one with the firebat pointing to the mother ship, or the one in diablo II @ hellforge (damn good voice acting in that too)).

That being said, I don't think they're the same company now that they were a year ago. I'll be interested in seeing their next release and how it compares to their previous ones: I'm thinking it won't be so well received.

World of Warcraft? I bet any money that at least half a dozen gaming sites give it game of the year based on name recognition alone. As to how to compares to previous titles,. well that's anybody's guess.

skellar

Novice
FORGET THE PATCH - HOW DO I KILL THE *&&^%$! TROLSS?

hey all ~

just a quick note: can anybody tell me how to kill them bloody trolls
in the Troll Pit in the sewers? i keep missing them with a sword (no bow!)
and the flames keep eating me well-cooked. eeeeeeek!

lynne

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Shouldn't you use some spells that would give you fire resistance? or potions? maybe change the position of the attack slider to attack less frequently but with a better chance of hitting?

skellar

Novice
ah. yes, the attack-slider. yep - got dome fire resist potions. also seemed to wonder whether rules for trolls were the same in Lionheart as in BG and Icewind (ie. fire and acid damage) but doesn't seem the case.

thanks for the tip!

lynne

shinkou

Novice
Hey Saint_Proverbius... does the patch you said before fixes the save game?
I mean everytime I go to rescue the knight of templar and try to get out... It crashes and quits to the windows :?: ... and I really want that fixed, so that I can resume my adventure.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I have no idea what it fixes. It depends on what's causing the crash though. If the save game file is fubar, there's not much of a chance that the patch will fix it. If it's a crash due to a bug in the game that's caused the instant it loads, then it might.

Voss

Erudite
I like this:

There is a probable connection to the companion bug and corrupted save games

followed by:

Well, what I meant was that there was a problem with companions that was found and fixed in the patch that is being tested right now. It will fix save game corruption due to companions. If there are other bugs that are causing corrupt save games, they may still occur after the patch

And this all assumes that the bug-fixes won't cause more bugs.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
my guess is the following, interplay isn't paying for any of this. Either that or they've stopped paying for the patch production. Fine by me. why patch a shitty game? Use the funds to get JE Sawyer some god damn artists so he can finish a REAL rpg. And while you're at it, fire the entire FOBOS dev team and divert their funds to FO3 as well. You're not going to make any money with mediocre titles.

Try to focus development on one really stellar one. Then maybe you can save yourself the same way SquareSoft did. Of course you won't do any of this, because that makes too much sense. Instead, you're going to keep up production of FOBOS. You're even going to market it heavily rather than pushing your more successful title BGDA2. Instead you'll expect people to just go out and buy it, here's a tip -- no one's going to buy it if they don't know it's out. Worse yet, no one's going to buy it once they've already bought D&D Heroes and your game comes out a month later.

If you hadn't let your fuckwit producers run around willy nilly starting craptacular projects like TORN and Icewind Dale. If you hadn't wasted so much money on the LithTech engine that turns every game company it comes into contact with into utter shite. You probably could have pumped out BG3 and FO3 by now with this new Jefferson engine and been laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

Now you get to watch as your talent defects EN MASSE to the competition, why don't you guys do us all a fucking favor and die? File for chapter 11, sell your franchises off, and just give Obsidian Entertainment the keys to the god damn offices. Call immigration and send Chuck Cuevas back to the shit hole mexican town he hails from. Overthrow Herve Caen and get the company back on track.

You ass clowns are going to lose JE Sawyer, Dave Maldonado, and wherever they go I'm sure they'll take whatever competent pieces you have left in the company. And what can you do? Block all incoming e-mails? Oh no! :*( I'm sure that'll stop them.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Killzig said:
You ass clowns are going to lose JE Sawyer, Dave Maldonado, and wherever they go I'm sure they'll take whatever competent pieces you have left in the company. And what can you do? Block all incoming e-mails? Oh no! :*( I'm sure that'll stop them.

Hell, they're already losing people from the FOBOS team, Killian.

As for Dave Maldonado, let's not forget he's the guy who thought using Perks in TORN as secondary skills would be a good idea and is also responsible for IWD2's Fell Woods maze.

If you hadn't wasted so much money on the LithTech engine that turns every game company it comes into contact with into utter shite.

What about NOLF, NOLF2 and AvP2? Those were all good games done with Lithtech. The problem with TORN wasn't Lithtech, it was that the artists at Black Isle didn't know what to do with it and the design of the game was rather directionless.

Lithtech isn't a bad engine, it's just a cheap engine to license. That means cheaper companies looking to make a quick buck tend to license it because they don't have all the money and assets like Raven and others have. That's one big reason why Lithtech's produced so much crap.

Of course you won't do any of this, because that makes too much sense. Instead, you're going to keep up production of FOBOS. You're even going to market it heavily rather than pushing your more successful title BGDA2.

I'm amazed that interplay can't see that Fallout Enforcer is a mistake from the start. Then again, they didn't see that IWD2 was a mistake and Lionheart was a mistake. Hell, I don't have a degree in marketting, and I knew that both the above games weren't going to do well just because there wasn't a lot of interest on the web about them beyond the IPLY forums.

However, the only interest for Fallout Enforcer on the IPLY forums was to bash the title. When you have to close down the damned forum because the game is so unpopular before it's released.. Fucking duh. Can it and save the money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom