Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Purge Some Heresy in EU3 Magna Mundi!

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, so bro.
So brotastic.
So heroic. <3

Destroid

Arcane
FFFF I'm trying to end my game with a bang like our friend Faggot, but I have to endure 5 more years of +5% revolt risk from religious protesters, and that was taking the -1 stab hit option. I have in the region of 3 revolts per month, this is truly infuriating.

marooned

Liturgist
Great LP, FFF. I've enjoyed every update of it. The game ending in 1821 while some shit still happening is kind of a letdown, but oh well. I guess the game has to end at some point.

Looking forward for your next work.

Salute!!

Drakron

Arcane
Furious Flaming Faggot said:
Is that even out yet? That's just the Sengoku era mechanic MM adds. It was a bit silly in Vanilla that Japan was a single nation when in reality it was a very divided feudalism.

That is not exactly true, you have a Emperor since 660 BC but they hold no power (even during the Tokugawa Shogunate you had a Emperor) until the Meiji restoration were they get to hold very little power.

So there was Japan, its NOT the same as the Holy Roman Empire.

Destroid

Arcane
Well, my Russia spiralled into chaos and revolt, drowning under the weight of excessive, unstable expansion and a little bad luck.

In the late 1770s, the populace of Russia began a religious strike - they were unhappy with the Republic promoting a free market economy (commies) prompting a strong rise in dissent country wide (+5 revolt risk). Shortly thereafter, Russia was afflicted by a trade crisis, forcing the administration to mint more gold, only adding to their already crippling inflation (inflation >100, +2 revolt risk). This carried on for a year, the national armies of Russia crushing revolt after revolt from aristocrats, peasants, Kazan nationalists, and anyone else who dared raise their banner against the state. Shotly thereafter the nation was gripped by further paranoia about the policies of the Republicans, causing further instability and loss of income (-2 stab, economy has no imploded from 150+ ducat to less than 50 ducat per month).

In an attempt to assuage some of the fears of the populace, the leader of the republicans is replaced by Arseniy Mikulinsk, a man of silver tongue, although somewhat diminished administrative and military talents. Despite his diplomatic talents Mikulinski is soon revealed to be phoney and unable to deliver on the promises the party has made (+2 revolt risk trait). In desperation and facing the ever higher quality armies of the nobles, Mikulinski calls the nobles to conferance and negotiates a peace with them. Russia will revert to the Noble Republic it was in the days of Muscovy, before Russia was born. Mikulinski would head this government of course, for he had the backing of the Russian national army and was prepared to reinstate the nobles past privileges.

The nobles accepted and it was done, although not without cost. The country was thrown into turmoil and the peasants were greatly displeased and were revolting as hard as ever. While a great diplomat, Mikulinski was not a peaceful man and did not see a peaceful resolution to his peasant problems. He promptly called his generals together and instated a military dictatorship (Republican Dictatorship), refilled his armies fundies and slightly curtailed the new privileges of the nobles. To fund his armies he took vasts loans from overseas powers and minted vast amounts of gold domestically, heedless of it's long term effects on the economy.

Soon Russia was bankrupt, it's armies significantly smaller, and still it was a backwards, volatile nation full of revolting peasants :(

(abandoned game in the year 1791)

Learned a lot from this game, such as bigger is not always better, and not to get too crazy with colonising because the maintenance costs can get out of control.

Destroid

Arcane
Yep. After I went bankrupt it went down to 53% :D

Fortunately, maintenance doesn't increase with inflation, otherwise my economy would have collapsed long, long ago. I still find it somewhat amusing I was able to maintain a much stronger economy as Scandinavia than as Russia, despite the much larger province count and large amounts of colonisation. I didn't even reach appreciably higher manpower counts as Russia than as Sweden.

My tech was laughably bad, I had Gov 27 and Land 29 in the year 1791, everything else was worse. I guess my 100k man army was enough to discourage anyone from actually declaring war on me, although if they had, I would have been crushed embarrassingly by any of Sweden, Poland or the Ottoman Empire, all of whom I shared borders with.

Another big part of my problem is I was paying 20 ducat colony maintenance and 20 ducat navy maintenance because I couldn't get high enough naval support limit to keep enough ships to keep pirates at bay and have a good tariff efficiency.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, conquering > colonizing IMO. You get a whole infrastructure :D or at least temples.

I'm kicking amazing ass as Scandinavia in 1580. Control the east coast of USA, half of south america, kurland, and I've managed to keep any one power in Europe from dominating through interrupting in Catholic wars :)

I'm 3 elections away from forming the HRE, the protestants are popping up everywhere. Game should be a joke after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom