Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets pool our resources and make an rpg. (Serious topic)

Andhaira

Arcane
I;m serious.

If we all pool our money we can make a crpg equivalent to eschalon, except with a better story and fully turnbased combat.

Development can take place here in Pakistan, as it will be much cheaper. I will handle all that (finding people, getting a team together, etc) I suggest hiring 2 people to work on it full time, possibly adding a third as wel go along.

The total cost for that will be Rs. 150,000 (paying each worker 50,000 or around that much per month) That equates to $ 1785 per month.

If we all donate $5 to the project per month we should be able to come up with that much moolah.

Thoughts?

Discuss!!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
andhaira.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The Codex can't even agree of the first two lines of a definition how the fuck would we produce a finished game?

Guys like us don't produce. We bitch and moan 'till someone with ambition gets it right.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd rather burn my money than give it to a Pakistani.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why not hire Chinese instead, they would work for less. Like $20-$30 monthly per one Chinese.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why someone moved it to workshop? It should be moved to retardoland instead.

I promise to support the game if the codex critical consensus presents design documents describing in detail the following:
A. the combat system, with all the classes/skills and the balance
B. The setting
C. The story of the game
D. A rough outline of all areas and quests.

Fritz Haber

Educated
AndhairaX said:
I;m serious.

If we all pool our money we can make a crpg equivalent to eschalon, except with a better story and fully turnbased combat.

Development can take place here in Pakistan, as it will be much cheaper. I will handle all that (finding people, getting a team together, etc) I suggest hiring 2 people to work on it full time, possibly adding a third as wel go along.

The total cost for that will be Rs. 150,000 (paying each worker 50,000 or around that much per month) That equates to $ 1785 per month.

If we all donate $5 to the project per month we should be able to come up with that much moolah.

Thoughts?

Discuss!!

Get a job you spastic.

Cassidy

Arcane
Send Nigerian, I mean Pakistani business proposal spam mails and you might have better results.

J1M

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
I;m serious.

Thoughts?

Discuss!!
Pretty sure someone in pakistan can live on like 32 cents USD a month, so I'd like to know where you plan to put the other $1700.

Nickless

Educated
Will there be dialogue trees with differing reactions and outcomes based upon your character's attributes/background/skills/gender, Andhaira? Also, C&C is a must if I am to invest in this project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom