Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Wizardry 1!

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
1dale.jpg
Appalling.
1springsteen.jpg
Simply appalling.
1dale.jpg
How do we cope with the state of things, Bruce?
1springsteen.jpg
I don't know, Dick. But classics such as Wizardry are disregarded in the modern roleplaying world.
1dale.jpg
Exactly. It's the story that made these old gems so significant.
1springsteen.jpg
And the consequences, of course.
1dale.jpg
Choices and consequences.

1orbison.jpg
Barkeep!

1springsteen.jpg
Sometimes I wonder if that brave group who ventured into the maze days ago will make it out in one piece.
1dale.jpg
Or, mostly in one piece.
1springsteen.jpg
They will have to face lots of trials and tribulations.
1dale.jpg
You mean doing the same thing over and over again in almost total darkness?
1springsteen.jpg
That is what I mean, Dick.
1dale.jpg
Will they make it?
1springsteen.jpg
Who knows?
1dale.jpg
Who cares?

1avril.jpg
I care.

Voodoo Daddy

Novice
1dale.jpg
Hey, Bruce. It's been a while.
1springsteen.jpg
It sure has. Uncover any new loot lately?
1dale.jpg
I picked up the Sword of Eruption and gave it to the new guy in my party, Edward.
1springsteen.jpg
I'm sure he appreciates it.
1dale.jpg
Yep. We came upon some pretty bad stuff on level 3 though.
1springsteen.jpg
Like what, Dick?
1dale.jpg
A destroyed save game file.
1springsteen.jpg
That's unfortunate.

~FIN

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Come on, please continue...
Btw I am on the deepest level of the dungeon, I need 100000 xp for the 12th level and I get only 1000 xp from a combat :( That's incredibly annoying. This is a bigger treadmill than the recent MMORPGs.

Chefe

Erudite
It was a dark and stormy night. Or, perhaps, it was clear and calm. I did not know, for I was deep in a foreboding dungeon. How long had I been down here? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Millenia? Time seemed irrelevant as the drive for experience and treasures took hold of me. The greed and bloodlust was impossible to overcome. I desired to go further and further even though there was a good chance it would spell my ultimate demise.

But then, something happened. Something that my party had not accounted for. The world went black. I felt the cold touch of death surround me. And then... nothing.

Blackness.

Oblivion.

In what seemed like both an instant, and after an eternity, I awoke. My eyes began adjusting to the darkness and I felt nothing but cool dank air and hard stone. Dried blood encrusted my fingertips and flakes of skin started to fall off my arms and legs. My head was swimming. Pain, exotic imagery... it was all too overwhelming, but I persevered and managed to come to my senses and stand up. I looked around. As I saw the corpses of my friends I let out a horrific shriek. We had been in a battle and we had fallen. We had all died but I... I had been resurrected! Even now I could feel my dead skin shedding from my body as I rejuvenated. Some noble soul with amazing holy powers had taken pity on us. Death was easy, living was hard, but this second chance forced me to realize what needed to be done. We needed to stop Werdna's evil machinations. The foul beasts that plague this godforsaken lair must be purged and not allowed to enter the upper world.

1orbison.jpg
This is the stupidest story I've ever heard!

Three days I spent dragging my comrades, one by one, up to the surface. The priestess of the Temple of Cant generously offered to place their bodies in a stasis field while I obtained the necessary funds to revive them, which were significant given their stage of decay. Beautiful visages now desecrated by the ugly hand of death. Lylgamyn was a sprawling metropolis that provided ample opportunities to procure the gold I required. I did unsavory things for unsavory people. I went on quests that good men would fall ill over the mere mention. I had to visit hundreds of different priests, and deny countless combat challenges, just to barely keep my alignment intact.

1orbison.jpg
I thought you weren't allowed to leave the dungeon. Plot holes abound, folks! Barkeep!
1dale.jpg
It looks like some stuff will be swept under the rug.
1springsteen.jpg
Pipe down, both of you.

After a month of vile deeds I returned to the Temple of Cant with enough gold to make any peasant jealous. Carrie, the priestess there, had waited patiently for my return. She was a stone cold vixen, but I understood that the conduit required for regeneration was expensive to maintain, especially when one was resurrecting a person from complete and absolute death.

1carrie.jpg
It was my pleasure.
1orbison.jpg
It's not absolute death if you can be revived from it!
1carrie.jpg
May I provide you with an elixir of calming as we listen to the rest of this tale?
1orbison.jpg
Damn elixirs won't help me grasp this convoluted mess! I lost track of how many characters this damn thing has now!

I also was able to coax her into putting my comrades into a temporary comatose state with the magical Hcetris herb. I did not want them to know what happened, and I did not want anyone to be indebted to me.

1orbison.jpg
But WE know! We know it all! AND I'M GOING TO TELL THEM!
1springsteen.jpg
You're not telling anyone anything. I laced your mead with a memory loss potion. You will forget everything that has happened this last month.
1orbison.jpg
Damn you, barkeep! Damn you....
1orbison.jpg
1dale.jpg
Orb? Hey, Orb, wake up. Bruce, you know mixing Adsehteb and Erawoib, thus creating the most potent memory loss potion known to man, is highly illegal, right?
1springsteen.jpg
It had to be done. Hey, Orb, you alright?
1orbison.jpg
... whu... what happened?
1springsteen.jpg
You fell down and woke up a month later.
1orbison.jpg
Woah. I'll take another round of that stuff!
1dale.jpg
Idiot.

I have waited for several hours in a room on the first level. They have started to awaken. I would allow my companions and myself to come to the conclusion that we were defeated, our gear stripped, and Werdna's henchmen dragged us to the highest level as a warning to other adventurers... but they had made the fatal mistake of not checking to see if we were really dead.

Meanwhile... on Level 10...

1hench.jpg
Milord! Your crystal ball has been repaired!
1werdna.jpg
I cannot believe those damn fools took a month to do it! Kill them and get me some new enchanters.
1hench.jpg
Yes, milord.
1werdna.jpg
It looks like our doomed adventurers are... ON THE FIRST LEVEL! What is this madness, henchman?
1hench.jpg
I... I do not know, milord!
1werdna.jpg
You pathetic worm! Why do I keep you around?
1hench.jpg
Because your compassion knows no bounds, milord!
1werdna.jpg
Whatever. Let us commence with our villainy.
1hench.jpg
Shall we engage in maniacal laughter, milord?
1werdna.jpg
Not at this moment, but perhaps in a little while.

It is time for this adventure to begin anew. It is time for the evil wizard to fall. There is no rest for the just. There is nowhere for evil to run this time. For this is... Wizardry!

letsplaywizardry.jpg

1orbison.jpg
Hey, have I ever told you guys about the time that I drank so much I passed out for a whole month? Barkeep!

Chefe

Erudite
It will be a few days before the next update, because I need to bring my characters up to acceptable levels.

Chefe

Erudite
DU broke my fragile spirit :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom