Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Wasteland!

Rhalle

Magister
Wyrmlord said:
This is a seriously good LP.

I do wonder about the messed up minds of the guys who made this game. Killing a little boy's rapid pet dog, rescuing another small savage boy fleeing from him, killing the enraged boy, and then killing some other children in this children's community park, and then losing all access to everything in this little community.

The Guardian Citadel is the best. Giant irradiated nuns and monks with rocket launchers and laser rilfes.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wyrmlord said:
I do wonder about the messed up minds of the guys who made this game. Killing a little boy's rapid pet dog, rescuing another small savage boy fleeing from him, killing the enraged boy, and then killing some other children in this children's community park, and then losing all access to everything in this little community.
You don't have to kill the kid. You just need to Run the party around him to avoid the fight. After all he's just a kid that loved his dog too much.

Anyway, what happened to the LP?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Liberal pussied out.

He made a thread in GD asking everybody to nominate possible LPs, and the most nominations wins.

In order to make sure he gets the LP of a game he would be least willing to do, we all suggested Wasteland.

saenz

Scholar
It's a shame this LP died out.

I remember playing this back on an Apple IIE. It's an absolutely brilliant game. The scorpitron fight still sticks in my head as one of the most epic rpg battles I've ever played. The cyborg's mind maze was especially amazing for its time too.

Also as a Fallout fan, it's enlightening to see all the influences Wasteland had on the series. Sadly, edgy content like killing kids and getting a venereal disease from a three legged hooker is something you really can't put into games today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom