Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Tower of Myraglen! (Done! With multiple endings!)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I dig the different endings. Multiple choices, sensible consequences.

Thanks for an excellent LP, Bee.

Question time!

So what would have happened had you answered yes to being proud of killing the wizard?

Also

07myraglen002.png

What was this about? Evil voice mentions it again. What rot?

lightbane

Arcane
Rejoice, dear lightbane. It is possible... to a certain extent. Which brings us to...

2: FAILED EVIL OVERLORD ENDING

:love: Too bad that the protagonist forgot Rogues' overpowered Backstabbing skill :x

Oh well, thanks for yet another completed lp, this one was fun. I really did not expect there were multiple endings, including an evil one.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Brother None said:
So what would have happened had you answered yes to being proud of killing the wizard?

Err... No idea. I'll dig up a backed-up save and see what happens. Will post the result later.

Brother None said:
Also

What was this about? Evil voice mentions it again. What rot?

Something metaphorical, I assume, like the misery of human existence maybe? I dunno, there's no literal rot anywhere on those levels. Just another piece of philosophising, I guess.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Lovely :thumbsup:

The game looks a bit surreal with its occasional prosperous bits, the whole the indestructible tower is my body, you are the heroic germ, zombies trying to kill you are white blood cells - to save the world, you must open the doors and give me a heart attack! angle, and let's not forget a villain called PunDragon... I suspect hallucinogens were involved :) My favorite quote was probably "kill the evil creature from heaven" :salute:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Brother None said:

Nothing.

none_0005.png

none_0006.png

Whenever you say YES, you're only asked "Are you sure?", and that's that.

Railroading. :decline:

ASchultz

Novice
Hey, I really enjoyed this playthrough! I'm the person who made the maps. Don't ask me why I was googling Myraglen, but I'm glad I did. I'm glad my maps are getting some use, too.

Anyway, this topic has given me a really positive first impression of RPG Codex, so maybe I'll poke around a bit more. I never knew this place existed. I've obviously been oblivious.

Crooked Bee

Patron
ASchultz said:
Hey, I really enjoyed this playthrough! I'm the person who made the maps. Don't ask me why I was googling Myraglen, but I'm glad I did. I'm glad my maps are getting some use, too.

Anyway, this topic has given me a really positive first impression of RPG Codex, so maybe I'll poke around a bit more. I never knew this place existed. I've obviously been oblivious.

Thanks for the maps, Mr. Schultz! You're a legend among those of us who enjoy old cRPGs. Just sayin'. :P

The Codex can be a rough place, as you'll surely notice. ;) It's still better than any other RPG forum out there, though. Just stay away from the General Discussion subforum - it's basically an "everything is allowed" zone; and by "everything", I mean everything.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What she said. In fact, everything outside of the playground is not really for the faint of heart or easily offended.

RRSKDA

Novice
Hi there,

I've long been hoping to see a complete playthrough of this game that I always found impossibly difficult on the ol' IIGS. One thing I wanted to point out. This screen:
06myraglen024.png

Is not a totally useless clue--just a mostly useless clue ;) You can eat the roses that border the game screen, which will randomly either give you health or take it away.

Thanks though for this great playthrough, brings back lots of memories.

Bee said:
I want to be a dragon read more about the game!
Well, there isn't much I can do to help you. The game doesn't even have a Mobygames page! There is, however, a Wikipedia page. And you can have the manual too. So the best you can do is just follow this LP.

Hehehe, no kidding. I decided to check getyourrom and saw this:

#​
Tower of Myraglen The ROM Downloads
Filesize​
Downloads​

Tower of Myraglen The (1987)(PBI)(Disk 1 of 2).zip
0.42MB

1DL
Apple IIGS (AIIGS) ROMS » Tower of Myraglen The ROM » (1987)(PBI)(Disk 1 of 2).zip

Tower of Myraglen The (1987)(PBI)(Disk 2 of 2).zip
0.33MB

1DL
Apple IIGS (AIIGS) ROMS » Tower of Myraglen The ROM » (1987)(PBI)(Disk 2 of 2).zip

Tower of Myraglen The (1987)(PBI)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr].zip
0.47MB

0DL
Apple IIGS (AIIGS) ROMS » Tower of Myraglen The ROM » (1987)(PBI)(Disk 1 of 2)[cr].zip

Tower of Myraglen The (1987)(PBI)(Disk 2 of 2)[a].zip
0.33MB

0DL

That was you, wasn't it? :lol:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Haha, probably.

You can eat the roses that border the game screen, which will randomly either give you health or take it away.

Thanks though for this great playthrough, brings back lots of memories.

Hey, thanks. It's an interesting detail.

Glad you enjoyed the LP!

Luzur

Good Sir
i was led here by CB's link, interesting LP for sure.

also,
I am rather Ernton Von Todsfall, the distant relation of Unheilig Gottos-Teufel :)roll:).

seriously?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom