Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mount & Blade: Europe 1200

Oesophagus

Arcane
TIME DILATION

Ok, the situation is as follows: we have a village, we're a lord, but our units are still mediocre and clearly not enough to make an attempt for an independent kingdom. For this purpose, we embark on some bandit grinding, which for your convenience I'll leave out.

Just a screenshot of our current forces: you might think that with that much cavalry, we should be pretty badass, but a lot of them is light horsemen, and those guys aren't the most longevitous, if you catch my meaning

tSJtq.jpg

We notice that Gniezno, Poland's first capital, is under siege. Seems the Lithuanians don't piss around, we've taken a good number of polish castles already.

gK5pZ.jpg

It was besieged by a single lord, though, and he got run off by the despicable potatoes.

16AId.jpg

We decide to lend a hand. The potatoes proceed to shit themselves:

16AId.jpg

IKGLF.jpg

Oh nothing, just wanted to rape your levy/militia army

Well, he has the support of another lord, but as you'll see, it's quite likely that they've been defeated in battle recently, as their forces resemble our peasant company from the early updates

6Hyaj.jpg

SFjFQ.jpg

Bloody peasants!

g9bN0.jpg

Oj0gB.jpg

y1hHp.jpg

eM8x1.jpg

4rtc7.jpg

Bow down, suckah!

While returning home, we meet a bunch of our lords> I have to say, I like our kingdom's style of warfare

1toMY.jpg

No doubt they'll besiege Jazdow, so we'll come back after we heal up a bit.

e5Y4E.jpg

Yup :M

The siege takes a long time, and one of the potato lords apparently realizes that his planet needs him:

hx67b.jpg

You're not going anywhere, sunshine!

LeMBl.jpg

tiYLu.jpg

Smugness levels rising, which results in:

jRSVQ.jpg

Morale system seems to be broken. Our forces are owning the potatoes, but their morale is wavering...

We'll turn it off after this battle, since I also think it's the reason why the game's been suspiciously easy

sA0bg.jpg

After the battle we go grab some recruit, sicne our numbers have been thinned out a bit. Guess what castle's been besieged again:

eaPUj.jpg

When we get closer, he buggers off. Well, we're not losing this castle again, let's wait inside till he comes back

Z85gk.jpg

However:

cLLc0.jpg

Right, this belongs to the faction leader, who dislikes us, and is a moron. I mean, how French can you get? Ok, so he doesn't like me, but I'm trying to help out here...

We can't even go after the guy who's besieged it, since we get summoned to take part in the siege on Jazdow

BAKz1.jpg

j3qrO.jpg

YkQXs.jpg

lObSF.jpg

Ladders, ladders never change

ufxHE.jpg

After being pushed off the ladder two times (!), we get tired of this, so we just tell our soldiers to fall back ten paces. The defenders seem to think that we're retreating so they follow us outside. Which may be considered an AI bug in the game, but we'll just ascribe it to an ingenious tactical move on our part. A feigned retreat, if you will.

byVOs.jpg

Look at that beautiful ladder, so empty

38Zt5.jpg

KDMzP.jpg

Handfull of defenders left. Still, we did lose a lot of soldiers. Fortunately, they were other people's soldiers. So there is a silver lining

Victory. Another castle less for the poles, another more for us

3O27X.jpg

Immediately after the siege:

rNUtv.jpg

The vultures are coming

Another one of our lords fighting the russians

p5rQa.jpg

After the battle:

4MEoz.jpg

The king who hates us decides to punish us by giving us a castle and town.

Aw97A.jpg

Maybe he did it ironically

Our throne room:

hV5er.jpg

Beggars can't be choosers I guess

We also get Plock:

kVhgA.jpg

That's it for now, we lost a lot of units during this update and replaced them with Lithuanian ones. So the multikult is no more

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hurray, shitholes added to your fiefs!

It'll be fun to rebel against this asshole :P

Keep it going!

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've always been meaning to get into this game, but your updates make me curious about one thing. Lithuania is, or rather was, smaller than Poland right? Isn't the amount of levies they can draft lower than Poland's and thus they are weaker and should be losing? Or is the game half assed when it comes to grand strategy?

Oesophagus

Arcane
I've always been meaning to get into this game, but your updates make me curious about one thing. Lithuania is, or rather was, smaller than Poland right? Isn't the amount of levies they can draft lower than Poland's and thus they are weaker and should be losing? Or is the game half assed when it comes to grand strategy?

The game wasn't designed to have any complex political or strategical mechanisms. In vanilla you have 5 factions, which are all about the same size and the same strength. Also, note that I'm actually in the "Baltic Duchies", which also includes Livonia

Anyway, right now got too much shit on my plate to be making updates, but I'll try and squeeze something out during the weekend

Luzur

Good Sir

The game wasn't designed to have any complex political or strategical mechanisms. In vanilla you have 5 factions, which are all about the same size and the same strength. Also, note that I'm actually in the "Baltic Duchies", which also includes Livonia

Anyway, right now got too much shit on my plate to be making updates, but I'll try and squeeze something out during the weekend

it varied throughout the years, but around 200 years after the years in the game it looked like this:

Poland_and_and_Lithuania_under_Jogaila_(Wladyslaw_II_Jagiello).png

also, why are there no kingdoms/towns in Scandinavia? by 1200 we had kingdoms/fiefs and whatnot.

Oesophagus

Arcane
dead and buried, this LP, my PC took a shit a few weeks ago and I've lost the savegames.

Which is a shame, because the new update screenshots would have looked like this

35563-bigthumbnail.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom