Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Kill the Yankee: AACW PBEM

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
[This is a Play-By-Email (PBEM) match between myself and EmoBunny. This is my first LP ever. In addition to that, we are playing the March 1862 scenario. For those who don't know, this starts right before the Battle of Shiloh, which was the first of many doozies that would show this conflict to be the worst the Western Hemisphere has ever seen.]

800px-Americana_Civil_War_in_America_-_Map_2.jpg

Over the past year, our boys have shown time and time again Southern superiority over insurmountable odds. Despite our victories, we will face a difficult road to Independence.

I will not lie to you...the situation our new Nation finds itself is unparalleled in human history. Our great Nation is beset on all fronts with calamity. Do not be disheartened, however, for Southern arms have proven in the past year that the only outcome of this terrible conflict is our Independence from extremists and tyrants!

2aReEdzh.jpg

In the East, we find ourselves in an unenviable position. Like bees, Union forces assail us from all over.

FJLkhbVh.jpg

After the blunders committed by General McDowell, Lincoln has appointed General McClellan to lead the Army of the Potomac. He has amassed the largest Army ever seen on the Continent. There is also a force on the Peninsula, threatening Richmond from the rear. General Joseph Johnston and the Army of Northern Virgina are in a precarious position. One false move could mean the Fall of Richmond.

eaUxjCgh.jpg

Even worse, Union forces under General Burnside have landed in Beaufort, South Carolina. The conquest of Charleston has ever been on the minds of Washington City. General John C. Pemberton, a Pennsylvanian born and raised, is tasked with defending one of his adopted Nation's most prized cities. Charleston must not fall.

V1FzdW5h.jpg

V1FzdW5h.jpg
V1FzdW5h.jpg
V1FzdW5h.jpg
V1FzdW5h.jpg

In Florida, Union forces under General John Parke are located in St. Augustine, America's oldest city. Gen. James Patrick Major, a Missourian, is in charge of the East Florida Department. Florida is an integral part of Economy. Without her, our brave soldiers will starve.

In the West, our fortunes look even smaller.

y8EFy5Rh.jpg

That blue island you see is the work of General Ulysses S. Grant. Along with his reputation as a drunkard, he is one of the United States' most promising generals, having captured a Confederate force of 12,000 at Ft. Donelson. It was a major blow to our efforts to protect the Mississippi River. Without her, we will be cut in two.

kCjiqWnh.jpg

In the Far West, things are reaching a climax. General Van Dorn's Army of the West is attempting to stop Gen. Curtis' thrust into Arkansas. Things are most even here so things can vary wildly from season to season. At best, we can recover St. Louis from Union occupation. At worst, we retreat to Little Rock to prevent their forces from reaching the Mississippi.

IlEgl9D.jpg

The cowardly Union blockade has destroyed our Commerce. We are alone.

ecpyIfWh.jpg

Yet, our hope lies abroad. Victories on the battlefield may force Europe to recognize our Right to Exist. And Exist we shall. It will be a long bloody, road but we will not stop until the Confederacy is amongst the Family of Nations!

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Spring 1862
- Eastern Theater

Virginia

Spring has not been kind to Confederate cavalry. In the East, Stuart's men were utterly destroyed by the main Union host. His attempt to destroy the depot before they arrived failed.

Luckily, he survived and delayed the Union army from pursuing retreating Confederate forces beyond the Rappahannock. I am blind in the East but Stuart will live to fight another day.

Gen. Robert E. Lee has taken command. Skirmishing between Longstreet's Corps and McClellans main host was repelled with minor casualties on both sides. Jackson is falling back closer to Richmond in order to counter any flanking movement by Heintzelman. With luck, the Union flank will overextend and we'll whip the Yankees one by one.

South Carolina

Burnside has marched upon Charleston through the swamps. This is an excellent opportunity to send in a small force in his rear to take Beaufort and scorch the land in case he returns. My strategy here is to harass him until he runs out of supplies.

The plan has worked. Burnside has been left holding the bag and is probably losing a lot to attrition. EmoBunny can continue forth, but likely face a disaster in front of Charleston. He may make a break for Camden depot north of Branchville in that case I must recall some troops from North Carolina and Georgia to deal with it.

Mississippi Theater

As you can see, we're all over the place. The West has been a lot more active, at least with regards to troop movements. EmoBunny has spread out his forces between Nashville and the Mississppi, probably trying to keep me guessing where he'll hit first.

My plan was to send two Corps into Tennessee to rendezvous and smash an isolated Union Corps besieging Pulaski. Johnston is to stay behind as a mustering point for incoming conscripts and watch for any movement down the Mississippi.

The plan is going strong. I caught the Corps at Pulaski with his pants down. Bragg has crossed the Tennessee from the West. A combined attack will send them running back to Nashville before reinforcement can make it. Either way, the battle should be bloody.

Meanwhile, the Mississippi is quiet. I have shit for river defense so militiamen and artillery will block the River hopefully preventing a flank into Memphis.

Same goes for Louisiana. I won't be able to hold New Orleans if any effort is made to take it. The best I can do is stack militia and artillery along the river limiting his supply until I can send a force to stop any hypothetical advance.

Far West

Missouri probably has been the most active so far.

Union attempts to dislodge me have failed. Time for a little bushwhacking....

Arkansas is safe for now. If all goes to plan, the depot at Springfield will be destroyed. Van Dorn's men at Fayetteville will follow his starving ass all the way to St. Louis.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Mississippi: Crittendon's Corps Destroyed!

The gamble paid off. Bragg caught Crittendon's Corps sitting like a duck at the Battle of Lawrence. Thousands of Yankees are dead in the dirt and plenty more on their way to prisons.

Instead of waiting, I'm following my smashing victory with a drive to Nashville while Gen. Forrest's Cavalry sneaks through the backdoor at Bowling Green. The object is only to burn the depots and halt the Union advance as evidenced below.

The Suns Shines on the South!

EmoBunny knew my plan, though. Grant will bull-rush me unless I can escape in time. A.P Hill's Division will stay behind to blow the depot giving Breckinridge's Corps time to retreat back to Pulaski.

Virginia: Skirmish turns into Massive Battle! Costly Victory as Longstreet Falls!

I tried to catch the Union Flank at Buckingham but he managed to slip away. This left me with a gaping hole to Richmond if EmoBunny decided to take the advantage. I could just send Jackson to Richmond but instead sent him to cover the hole. This was the result of that mishap...

D2lOHmx.jpg

EmoBunny made a run at Richmond. Smart move, IMO. One of my best Generals dead as well as the majority of Johnston's staff. I may have sent the Yankees packing but this was a Union victory all but in name. Nothing hurts me more than losing a great Corps commander.

Far West: Bushwhacking in Missouri: Mouton Tears up the Countryside!

A stalemate has ensued (common in Missouri) so I somehow have to him out of his shell. Tearing up railroads and burning farms should do the trick
In Florida, Jacksonville has been saved by a relief force from Georgia. Union forces have retreated to St. Augustine. Things should be quiet in that State for at least a year.

Absalom

Yeah the south is boned without Mcclellan tarding out for 2-3 years. Game looks interesting tho I'll be watching this.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

Virginia - Summer to Fall: Confederates suffer massive defeats, fall back to Richmond; Union counterattack sputters

The massive battle at Louisa drained the Army of Northern Virginia but I wasn't done yet. Jackson's fresh Corps would hook up with Gustav for a deadly charge before Union reinforcements can arrive, severing the Union army in two. The plan hinges on both Corps successfully rolling a Forced March.

As you can see, they didn't. And on top of that....

Now shit has hit the fan.

Not only did my attack fail miserably, a lone division was cut off from the rest of the army and nearly destroyed in the retreat. While the losses were horrific, Providence has granted us a small ray of light as most units have survived. A full-on counterattack by the Union, however, could blow the road to Richmond wide open...

Luckily for me, Union leadership in Virginia is not too bright. Not sure if EmoBunny meant to sent a lone Corps against Lee, but the result was to be expected. A victory grants me some extra National Morale at a time when I badly need it. With winter fast approaching, I need to keep a stalemate outside Richmond while desperately hoping for a chance to strike at Union supply lines.

Forrest eyes Louisville: Takes fight to the Enemy

The capture of Bowling Green bagged me a Union supply wagon. Unfortunately, I can't take it with me as it will slow down my attempts to go deeper in Kentucky. After destroying it, I make a dash for Louisville, hoping that garrison forces had been pulled down to Nashville. Destroying the supply lines in Kentucky would bring Grant's army to a halt and give me time to build a front for winter.

Grant enters Mississippi

Further south, Grant continues to push deeper into the Confederacy. Memphis has fallen which the situation even more dire.

Outnumbered and divided, Johnston's Army can either stand and fight or retreat to a stronger position at Chattanooga to the East. That would mean surrendering the Mississippi...which is something I can't do. Best case scenario is a war of attrition slowing him down for a few months to prepare for a push toward Chatanooga and Atlanta in '63. If we get there....

New Orleans Under Siege! Skeleton garrisons all that stands in the way of Union invasion force!

Looks like that war of attrition tactic is not going to work. Something has to be done and quick. Else, the Army of the Tennessee will be destroyed by next Spring.

Bright Spot in Missouri

The only bright spot is in Missouri. Van Dorn yet again repels another attack. Further operations are difficult until the situation in Tennessee improves.

The Confederacy is at the Brink

Disaster after disaster is multiplied by the lack of manpower at our disposal. We simply can not replace as fast as we are losing. It's going to take an miracle from the God of War to survive into 1863. As luck would have it, Mars just so happens to reside in the Army of Northern Virginia. It's time to let him loose...

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

Against the Wall - Virginia - Winter 1862

Our blockade runners have granted us financial reprieve so far, but it's useless without men to fight. One more disaster before the the New Year will spend the end of us.

Lincoln, not satisfied with previous victories, has ordered McClellan to end this war before the New Year. All that stands between him and Richmond are 50 thousand Sons of the South. Tired, demoralized, and freezing, our Army needs a miracle...

Hot damn! McClellan hoped to surprise our troops. Lee made sure he was sorely mistaken.

LPaIeBt.jpg

Yankee troops run like rats back to the Rappahannock, desperate to escape the sounds of the Rebel Yell. Perhaps, sensing the moment, the State of Virginia herself rose up and destroyed the pontoons leading to safety, for a lone Corps is trapped.

Forever dispelling the myth that he's incapable of attack, Lee unleashes Hell.

Hallelujah,Richmond is spared!

An entire Union Corps captured by our Lee and his Army of Northern Virginia! Never has such genius been displayed on the field of battle against such overwhelming odds! Not even the masterpieces of Austerlitz and Cannae eclipse this triumph! Surely, this is Divine proof that ours is the side of the Right.

Beauregard takes Memphis

In the West, desperation has called for desperate measures. Instead of waiting for the Enemy, Johnston ordered two Corps to take Memphis, destroying the depot behind enemy lines and thus stopping their advance down the Mississippi. This is highly risky as it takes place in the dead of winter amongst a horde of Union troops in all directions.

Beauregard's men take Memphis. But the liberation is short-lived

Beauregard's men of 24k not only had to fall back, but forced to cross the Mississippi! What cruel fate to suffer the loss and an entire Corps after so much good has been done....Beauregard decides to make a break for Vicksburg or die trying.

D3A9Se8.jpg

In what can only be described as another Miracle, Beauregard has successfully crossed the Mississippi and evaded Union attempts to capture him. The maneuver surely will be studied for centuries by students of war.

Upon receiving news of the escape, President Davis orders Sidney Johnston to Vicksburg. We will make a stand with a new Army.

The people of New Orleans, after resisting beyond human expectations, have finally succumbed to Burnside's invasion force. The Jewel of the South has been tarnished yet Southern hopes for victory shall never be dampened as long as we have the will to fight!

Spring 1863 - Holding the Line

Spring has arrived. President Davis, ever a man of Faith. has called for a day of self-reflection.

The victory at Louisa has no doubt ended any hopes of ending the war for foreseeable future. That does not mean things are any better. McClellan has opted to surround Lee, taking his food and supplies out from under him.

Meanwhile, Gen. Sidney Johnston has arrived in Vicksburg creating the new Army of the Mississippi It's goal is to prevent the Confederacy from being split in two by any means. With Grant from above and Burnside from below, the Union will attempt to squeeze me. The risks run high. One disaster could spell the end of the newly-formed Army before it has a chance to fall back to Alabama.

Our hopes lie in Tennessee, where another Johnston is preparing to finally take the horrors of War to the Union itself.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Summer - Winter 1863

Kentucky/Tennessee

EmoBunny has obviously tilted the balance in the West. In order to delay his advance, I've concocted a daring plan to invade Kentucky with the ultimate goal of torching Cincinnati to the ground. Not only would this force Grant to send Armies back North, it could go a long way toward winning me the war.

The plan was simple. Two Corps under Bragg and Johnston were to move from Chattanooga to Nashville. After torching the depot and destroying the rails, we would make a run for Lexington.
Meanwhile, Breckinridge's Corps, situated at Decatur, would march in their wake. The hope was to catch the Union unawares and cover Nashville before they could get there. That would effectively seal Cincinnati fate.

God dammit. While Nashville is empty, a the Union command is right across the river. There's no turning back now. I continue as plan with hooking up at Clarksville. We'll go around them before the ironclads can block the river.

Mud. Mud everywhere. 14 days is beyond bad. Time is of the essence to beat the rest of the Federal Army. I must get to the rails before or the war will be over sooner than expected.

The road to Cincinnati proved to be to arduous. By the time I reach Lexington, Union armies are on my heels.

I actually decided to make a break for Cincinnati and make a final stand. The logical choice, I figured, was to retreat back to Chattanooga. Strategically, the Campaign was a mixed bag. While I drove the Union armies all the way back to Kentucky and secured Nashville, I ran out of time of knocking a crucial blow to Grant's supply lines. The best part? Not one single Confederate soldier was lost by battle.

554av3M.jpg

At the end of the year, this is how things stand. Major fortifications have made crossing into Georgia a gauntlet for Union arms. If they come, they will find out just how tough the Deep South really is.

Mississippi

While Kentucky Campaign was getting underway, the Army of the Mississippi found itself in a dangerous position. A line extending across the entire state prevented Grant's advance, but risk laid in a Federal gambit around Alabama into the rich heart of the Confederacy. After contemplating a fight right then and there, I decided to skedaddle while he didn't expect it.

The plan was a roaring success. Grant's men continued to dig trenches without a care in the world. By the end of October, they were staring at empty Confederate camps. Johnston would make Montgomery, Alabama the Chattanooga of the Deep South. If only he had the men and time to do it.

With the retreat from Vicksburg, I had no choice but to destroy my fleet. I'll be damned if it falls into Union hands. With that, I've allowed the Confederacy to be cut in two. Mississippi is gone and soon so shall Mobile, my best Southern port. Things are beginning to pile up.

Virginia

Virginia is , well, Virginia. As is customary, it's turned into trench war. Union attempts to outflank me have so far been checked but that won't last long unless I can destroy his supply lines in the rear.

I made a major mistake here. Petersburg, for those who don't know, was the most important depot in all the Confederacy. Without it, Richmond and the Army would starve and the war would be over. In a panic, I rail over an extra corps north of Richmond hoping that I'd make it before the Federals.

Thank the Lord!

Even better! An entire division sent to Petersburg virtually destroyed. This was much needed to bolster support for a war going badly and will keep the Union flank weakened for enough time to set up fortifications.
vOTVQv7.jpg

At the '63, this is how things stand. The destruction of the Union at Petersburg gave me leeway to block a flanking movement further south into North Carolina. The war may be lost, but I doubt it will be lost here.
In other news, Savannah and Missouri have been lost. The year of 1864 will be pivotal. The Union may be the ones needing to advance, but the Confederacy needs something desperately to latch on to. A major victory on one of the 3 main fronts is our only best chance at victory.

Absalom

What are your plans? Looks like you're gonna have to make some risky moves in order to not be ground into dust from the superior manpower.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Virginia is basically a wash. Emobunny might overextend Grant in Mississippi. If that happens, I'll send Bragg and Breckinridge down from Chattanooga to join with Johnston and try to end it in one battle

If not... not much initiative I have left. The Kentucky campaign was a huge missed opportunity. I really needed Cincinnati ransacked

Cassidy

Arcane
:salute:

a5nPi.jpg

I wish I had the skills to turn this into a mod for Darkest Hour.

*Edit: for the context of this screenshot:

With the consent of the Libertadores, who saw in such move the creation of a stronger ally against the Nazi America, the Confederates annexed Texas one year after Adolf Hitler's endorsement of Amerikwan fascism happened. But, this triggered a reaction, specially as fascism was growing popular in Mormon land.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
1864 - Bloody Roads South

Virginia

GTSVNDfh.jpg

General McClellan, after failing to gain any advantage, has been replaced with McDowell. With the 1864 Presidential Election underway, McClellan has become the Democratic candidate. This basically means that the Union has a shorter leeway for the next 8 months. EmoBunny must keep pushing South or risk losing.

K8zKVJN.jpg

Spring brings EmoBunny's war plan to light. General Fremont's Army, fresh from operations in Missouri, has been sent to bring war to North Carolina and its fertile land. Instead of attacking Petersburg, it seems they will end the Confederacy at the root.

In response, I brought my own Western flair to the East. General Pemberton, a Northerner who opted to fight for the righteous principles espoused by the Confederacy, arrived to take control of a brand new corps. a few months ago. It wasn't long before his men saw their first action at Raleigh.

A bloody repulse in the nick of time! Pemberton continues to exhibit his skills in honor of the Confederacy. This wasn't all, however. A force under Burnside landed at Norfolk the same month. I risk using his Corps yet again to deal with it.

EmoBunny took this brief opportunity without Pemberton to try another breakthrough in the Richmond line.

A slight Confederate tactical victory, but an enormous strategic one. Petersburg was yet again the target, but Stonewall proved too much. I can tell EmoBunny is getting frustrated. Pemberton continues the fun.

Those Yankees never learn. While this time I suffered far more, I still saved my vital supply line. Fremont will have to run back to the front or try another route. Or maybe just smash it with more Men...

Missouri/Alabama/Georgia

On to the West! This year shaped up to be very big. Not waiting for the snows to melt, the Union quickly pushed up into Alabama. EmoBunny has a huge numbers advantage here, so I've had to use interior lines to cancel him out.

Missouri Blues

The Union offensive to bring the State to heel has finally gone underway. Van Dorn and Price's men are over matched here and the Battle of Little Rock can have only one result.

Outmanned and outgunned, Van Dorn's Army of Missouri retreats back into Texas in what is to be a long and grueling journey tearing up rail and depots as he goes.

Meanwhile in Alabama

kutaVrN.jpg

I had to make the difficult decision of moving the Army of Mississippi closer to Atlanta. Supply issues, despite massive developments in Georgia, have reached capacity to feed the Army. In addition, I've sent two divisions from Chattanooga to join in the defense of Atlanta. It's becoming likely that Chattanooga will have to be abandoned despite the massive Union army right across the river.

In August, a daring move has left me flanked at Montgomery, the first capital of the Confederacy. Instead of falling back, I decide to punch that lone Corps in the mouth. A victory could prove very fruitful as retreat would be difficult.

Well, I wouldn't call it a defeat, more of a stalemate to me. What's impressive here is the amount of damage I was able to do with 20k less men. Either way, I am unable to lodge him and now the Army of Mississippi could be engulfed...

Fortunately for me, the Grant's Army was as exhausted as Johnston's and could no longer offer any fight. Johnston was able to set up a defensive line all the way to Atlanta. In other good news, the Wizard in the Saddle, Bedford Forrest has been promoted to lead his own Corps.

After recovering, I took a gamble and sent two Corps under Brag and Polk by rail to attack Grant's northern flank in front of Atlanta. The situation seemed desperate enough to go on the offensive. It was a huge blunder that resulted in a Union victory with both Corps trapped.
As you can see, the Army of the Mississippi went into full panic. The majority of the Army used what little rail left to join the impending conclusion of the battle. This could decide the War...

SZkOaVi.jpg

Beauregard has whipped Johnston! What happened here is interesting. My two Corps were able to escape to Atlanta while EmoBunny sent 3 Corps to cut my Army into two pieces at Columbus. I suspect he assumed my two Corps would never escape. Nonetheless, Beauregard was there to interdict his attempt and this was the result.

In one battle, all the military reverses of the last 11 months have been erased. Couple it with the events in Louisiana and...

xsgvXiT.jpg

New Orleans has been recaptured! In what will go down as one of the daring campaigns of the war, General Price, detached from Van Dorn's Army of Missouri in Galveston, reaches a lightly guarded New Orleans and enters the city to a tumultuous crowd. The news quickly spreads throughout the Confederacy that the Jewel has been retrieved. How long though?

Situation at beginning of 1865

General Pemberton is all that keeps the Confederate supply line open. All Union attempts to change that fact have failed. General Lee is no longer capable of mounting an offensive without sacrificing Richmond. Our hopes lie in the West for some breakthrough to bring reinforcements.

45Babib.jpg

The loss at Atlanta along with numerous Confederate raids into their supply lines have forced Grant to halt operations for the winter. Chattanooga is now in Union hands housing another fresh Union Army that will no doubt join in the fight for the Deep South.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The fighting spirit of the south cannot be extinguished! Yet it may not be enough.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

Virginia

DpdS2im.jpg

Entering the final year, the station in Virginia remains static. No one dares attack the other fearing catastrophe. It's no surprise, then, to see both sides to continue the raiding and flanking until an opportunity can be found.

KaXRd07h.jpg

Using cavalry, I managed to ride behind Union lines and was able to destroy depots at Manassas and Harper's Ferry. The damage was ineffective thanks to a quick response by EmoBunny. He countered with a major city capture.

Norfolk, an important objective city, finally falls to Fremont. The supplies lost in its capture may/may not play a huge role the rest of the year. I doubt it considering there are only 8 months left. Either way, Pemberton's Corps hold the door into Richmond, and it will take far more than 40k to dislodge him.

EmoBunny also tried another flank on my left with an unorganized division. Easy pickings. I leave a few divisions to hold while I send Pemberton by rail to deal with him.

Pemberton cleans house and pretty much ends any hope of EmoBunny outflanking on the left. The only way to Richmond is through the front door via Norfolk. Both roads are heavily covered by my men.

Unfortunately for me, this good result was negated by the following disaster:

jwAPvaD.jpg

Charleston is lost.

Another objective city taken. Reinforcements proved too much for my lone division. Facing annihilation, my small force retreated before battle, leaving one of the South's most prized possessions in the hand of the Yankees. Losing the city is a tragedy but having forces harassing any Union move toward Richmond or Atlanta is far more critical. I must save those at all costs.

Deep South

Last year ended with an enormous victory in front of Atlanta that put Grant into a dangerous position. Far from his supply lines in the dead of winter, he was forced to retreat all the way to the Alabama river. He wouldn't be ready for another campaign until the Summer.

Both sides are looking for the knockout that will end the War.

Seeing this opportunity to cause some further distress, I decided to send Van Dorn, of Missouri and New Orleans fame, to perform yet another daring march.

ew5HABs.jpg

This time it would take his men all the way to Atlanta tearing up Union supplies along the way. By June, I managed to evade several Union forces to fall upon a lucky situation.

Hallelujah! A forced march past the Yankees at Baldwin succeeded in landing me at Pensacola! With some local help, Van Dorn took Pensacola for some needed supplies. Before the Union knew what had happened, I was off to Atlanta to join in the final push.

Starting earlier than I expected, the Buell's Army of the Cumberland was back near Atlanta by late Spring. Grant's army arrived on the southern flank shortly thereafter. True to his style, he made the first move.

lMhLDgZ.jpg

Kearny's Corps attempted to dislodge Beauregard's Corps south of Atlana before the rest of Johnston's Army arrived to the field. Beauregard's men, ever stubborn, held.

Soon after the rest of A.S. Johnston's Army arrived on the scene to push back the invader. We inflicted major casualties on Kearny and forced him to withdrawal before. A good result but not the knockout punch we were looking for.

It wouldn't be until October before that came.

Atlanta is saved yet again!

The Union's final push for Atlanta culminated in the Battle of Paulding. Over 200k participated in a struggle that left nearly 50k men dying on the field of battle. The Northern demand for Surrender would die with them.

Despite being well-fortified, the battle could have gone either way and probably would've resulted in a Union victory had it not been for timely reinforcements.

Along with the loss of over 30k Union men was any chance of a Total Victory for the North.

But was this victory enough to ring the North to its senses and win Southern Independence?

The War ends

Stalemate. Both sides have had enough.

Although much of the South fell under occupation, our ability to make war on the enemy never faltered. Even more important, Southern Arms prevailed in every major contest with the armies of the Union.

Both sides were on the edge of collapse for different reasons. Union morale was its breaking point while the Confederate economy began to crack. under Union pressure.

The North had won its war, but the South may have won its Independence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom