Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR2 Possible Game Ending Bug.. Or Me Just Being Stupid...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Let's find out below....

Anyways, I'm in the Top Secret Cave/Tomb on Korriban where you've just encountered Kreia and your goon toons in some type of silly yet cool test. Alas, after I supposedly 'complete' the test both the door I entred from and a door ahead of me are locked with what looks like no way to open them. What gives? I feels like a bug; but ye never know, I may have missed some hidden key or something...

Help if you can. And, if the ring helps; I'll even wear that stupid trinket. :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Is Kreia still there after the test? If she is, initiate the conversation again and go through that test a few times until she's gone, then the door to the final test opens.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Meh... I got help from hades. He said to take the option where you choose the 'apathy' choice. The door opened then. Man, that is either some screwed up bug; or worse it's aconvientn way for Kreia to 'manipulate' your character just so you can progress the game and complete her silly little test...

Thanks, anyways..

Gromnir

Liturgist
for chrissakes, did they fix anything in the pc version... other that force speed and force aura? in any event, you do not have to do the apathy thing to proceed... we seen the rumor that you gotta do the apathy thing to escape that encounter loop, and it just ain't true. however, you may get stuck doing that silly dialogue and conflict two or three times if you hold to your morality guns.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir

Liturgist
p.s.

"KOTOR2 Possible Game Ending Bug.. Or Me Just Being Stupid..."

while we won't say that you is stupid, we must wonder why you never tried to speak to kreia again... not notice that she were the one shade/ghost who did not seems to disappear after their dialogue were complete?

is no biggie...

'course, we recall tob... where you gotta light some braziers in the right order/color to opens a door. am not sure how many times we went scurrying 'round the mindflayer and githyanki portions o' that level... looking for the clue we musta' missed. how many times did our eyes wander over those colored thingies in the floor we do not know or wish to guess at. felt like a bit of a yutz when it finally dawned on us what those colored thingies was for.

HA! Good Fun!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"while we won't say that you is stupid, we must wonder why you never tried to speak to kreia again... not notice that she were the one shade/ghost who did not seems to disappear after their dialogue were complete?"

I did. Several times. Door never opened any of the times. That's why I thought it was a bug and posted. And, the others didn't dissepappear after their dialogue finished - only after I wacked 'em..

I only sided with her as I knew it was a test. Espiically since my character throughout the game has been given 'evil doers' chances to redeem themselves so it would only be fair to give 'Dark Kreia' a chance to redeem herself too... <>

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I had the same problem, apparently the solution was to not attack anyone yourself and just say that you support Kreia and then let them deal with it.

I've run into what seems like a real gamestopping bug though. After getting to all the lost Jedi masters, including the dead one at Korriban, Kreia (the manipulative bitch) told me to go to Dantooine to meet with the Jedi council. Once there though, I can exit the Ebon Hawk. There's no loading screen, the screen just goes black. I've tried travelling to other planets first and they work perfectly, but as soon as I go back to Dantooine the same shit happens.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Azael said:
There's no loading screen, the screen just goes black. I've tried travelling to other planets first and they work perfectly, but as soon as I go back to Dantooine the same shit happens.

Ouch. Have you tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling? Make sure to keep your saved games, of course. I've not encountered any bugs that messed up. May end up having to start a new game if reinstalling doesn't work. I thought I had encountered a bug that bad once, and ended up starting a new game because of it, only to find out it was not a bug and just poor design issues. :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom