Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Kingdoms of Amalur IP Heads to Auction

I'm not really sure what the argument became about.
Arguments tend to degrade when people start calling mean names, but we hugged, so it's all good. The argument was whether or not Amalur looked like WoW, I agreed that it did in the low poly/stylized aspect, but had an overall different(And better) style. When I first played WoW I thought the art sucked, that was , as he said, 8 years ago, even compared to the shit I played then I thought it sucked. When I first saw Amalur I thought the art looked good, I didn't explore it fully because the game was awful and boring, but what I saw, I liked, it didn't remind me of WoW, and still doesn't.(The art, not the game.) I didn't cite many reasons because I felt the images spoke for themselves, but when WoW isn't making something completely generic(The bear) they're making something completely stupid (The one eyed golem eyeball nipple thing.); when the most similar creatures were compared it was apparent which game had the superior design imo. (Naturally kungfu pandas were left out because I didn't realize there were any in Amalur.)

If WoW's art suddenly became like Amalur because of some update or something, I would then like WoW's art, agree that they looked the same, and use it as a positive comparison.(But it don't and I won't.) At the very most I could say that a lot of the concepts in the game could be what WoW tried to do, and failed.

Oesophagus

Arcane
The only thing I liked about amalur was how they rationalized respeccing ingame with their fate mechanic...everything else was mmo popamole shit.
The combat is entertaining untill it gets repetitive, if they improved that maybe I'd finish the game for once

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It is stable bug free at the release and you can play it without mods; also the first expansion is fun. But leveling unique loot makes it shit for collector players like Commissar; if they changed this would play it again as Skyrim hangs and crashes like crack ho for me.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Yeah but what single player game couldn't be improved by having fixed item placement instead of randomized level scaling loot. One of the worst mechanics ever thought of just to drag out grinding. If they wanted to add replayability they should have made a proper skill system and a story that has more intelligence than move forward + kill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom