Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom, pixel art indie kind of majesty ?

Perkel

Arcane

Bought it on GOG. So far interesting.
Kind of like Majesty.

You run around left or right with your king/queen. Collect money, build walls towers, hire people for your kingdom.
Every night there is attack on your kingdom and every 4 or 5 i think there is big wave.
You can't control directly your people like in Majesty.

Tough economy. Money is always an issue and like in every roguelike aproach games losing crown is really easy.

So far i got to 13 day

Shin

Cipher
Fun game to play for a few hours. Very, very basic but it's kind of charming. Normally I dislike the modern 'retro pixel art' type of games but the graphics in this thing are pretty good.

edit: no map

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's only difficult if you're not aware of all your mechanical options.
As soon as you work out you need to upgrade the wood shrine to further upgrade your buildings, it's very easy. Spam archers and build up a wall, you're safe. Build a farm at a waterway and you're not going to be short on gold. Don't cut down trees near camps if you can avoid it. I finished the game at day 23

It's still a fun little game to explore and the price is right, but once you understand how the game works there's no challenge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom