Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

uajii

Literate
Bros...

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-come-deliverance-2-xbox-ps5-pc-warhorse-studios

Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”

But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
inb4 "different ethnicities" means Germans, Poles, French, possibly even an Italian or two
It means niggers. You know it means niggers, it always means niggers.
No, it means Germans, Hungarians, Poles, Jews and few Ottomans and based Ottoman bro as companion. That's it
I don't know why you keep mentioning Ottomans. Are you a Turk or something? Ottomans were the enemies who kept invading proper Europe. They were not living in European cities as regular citizens. Kuttenberg citizens were ethnically represented in this order 1. Germans 2. Czechs 3. Jews 4. Italians 5. Poles

Habichtswalder

Literate
A writer from GameStar visited Warhorse today and was able to play KCD 2. The article is behind a paywall but here are his most important points:

- The game is indeed much bigger and ambitious in comparison to the first game
- He is generally (very) optimistic but thinks there is still a bit of a risk that Warhorse is trying too much
- Immersion is very important to the developers and they added many small details such as getting robbed when you pass out from drinking too much. You will then be able to track down someone in the city who is wearing your shoes
- The perks from KCD1 have been reworked because they were generally disliked
- Story is indeed much more epic and includes kings and the HRE.
- Quest design feels different: more spectacle and big battles (because of the new story) , less fetch quests and calm side missions
- 3 types of crossbows. Smallest type can be reloaded from horseback
- the new city Kuttenberg is as detailed as Rattay but much bigger

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like it will have the same awkward combat system.
And that's a good thing, if it's smoother, well animated there's no reason not to have it, not every game needs to have the same generic soulsslop or bamham combat system

*Alienman masterstrikes ZACKIE*

Joking aside. If they fix the issue of fighting multiple opponents then maybe, and tone down the ridiculous of masterstrike spamming.

Paul_cz

Arcane
A writer from GameStar visited Warhorse today and was able to play KCD 2. The article is behind a paywall but here are his most important points:
please make screenshots of the preview and post them with google translate, thanks x)

Turrul

Augur
By "reworked" I assume he doesn't mean a whole another system replacing the old one. Some perks in kcd 1 just needed a balance pass (just like master strike spam), the system itself was perfectly fine.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So two separate maps, one slightly smaller than the KCD1 map, the other one just as big.

Meaning the game is almost twice as large the first one by land area.

Habichtswalder

Literate
By "reworked" I assume he doesn't mean a whole another system replacing the old one. Some perks in kcd 1 just needed a balance pass (just like master strike spam), the system itself was perfectly fine.
Seems like the system is the same, yes. That's what he wrote (translated with DeepL)

Warhorse has completely replaced and revised the controversial perks from the predecessor. Back then, they were very situational and often useless, for example Heinrich fought better during the day than at night. As if I wanted to take a nap before every fight.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hearing everyone's jokes about the game reminds me I'm probably the only non-German speaker who played with German voices. I wonder if this will have a Czech dub from start.

9ted6

Educated
What I hope they do is add more actual C&C. I've soured alot on KCD because of how often the game either doesn't give you a choice in something or causes the consequence to be batshit crazy and completely out of your control.

See the quest where telling a woman she looks good in a dress leads to a drunken sex scene out of nowhere or that whole witch subplot and whatever's going on there.

I'm also fully expecting wokeness.

Incognito/STK

Educated
The year is 2024. We are about to play a non-pozzed RPG with no diversity or body type 1/2. How did this happen, bros?

:philosoraptor:

Fargus

Arcane
fix the issue of fighting multiple opponents

what was the issue?
Messy as hell as you get locked into 1 vs. 1 fights.

Hmm, i actually like the messy nature of fighting multiple opponents, also much easier to do when you learned to riposte. Especially fun when you are not at your best and have to fight multiple opponents with the good gear for the first time. I once was gop-stopped by half a dozen hedgeknigts yelling obscenities at me in german (i played with german va), i tried to run but they dismounted me and i fought them for like 10 minutes and only survived because one of the perks activated when i almost died, it gave me some time, but not much because i was bleeding out and really struggled to take down the last of them because he just refused to die and i was really weak. When i won i barely had time to bandage myself.

They really nailed the feeling of fighting for your life when you're at the death doorstep.

Late in the game i just maced everyone in the skull.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
The year is 2024. We are about to play a non-pozzed RPG with no diversity or body type 1/2. How did this happen, bros?

:philosoraptor:
Trailer feels like from parallel universe. Like from 2015 or 2009. Game journos and WOKE monsters will swim around this one like sharks. This is LITERALLY ONLY AAA Western BASED game. THE ONLY ONE in last....5 years minimum?

So much about WOKE being itsy witsy tiny miny microscopic thing. I fucking hate normie centrist gasslighters more then anything. Especially those writing for IGN, Eurogamer, PC Gamer etc. Today they are 10× worse then Kotaku was 10 years ago

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom