Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

SlamDunk

Arcane
Diversity quota fulfilled?

https://files.catbox.moe/7sa6cz.mp4

19tcji.jpg

Last edited:

GrainWetski

Arcane
The retardery on display here is breathtaking.

Somehow we didn't have really have any niggers in Europe like 50 years ago(much shorter for vast majority of individual countries), but medieval Europe obviously looked exactly like the modern Amerimutt zoo.

Larianshill

Arbiter
gpt6Bo5.png

I hope you kill this guy within the first 2 hours of the game. I just replayed the original, and it's unbelievable how he manages to get away with everything, including the sword.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
You can use fancy footwork to dip in and out of range during fistfights as I recall, keeps you from getting hit and especially grappled. The grappling is pretty confusing, I think you mash a button to win but I don't remember. You can beat that guy, try again so Henry doesn't look like a pussy to the village babes. I won't stand for it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For example Mutt is optional in KCD1, not to mention tons of interactions with Hans. Are Henry and Hans gonna reminisce about their bath in a whorehouse? What about us helping Hans woo Karolina in the DLC?
Likely none of these choices and events are tracked in savegames.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can use fancy footwork to dip in and out of range during fistfights as I recall, keeps you from getting hit and especially grappled. The grappling is pretty confusing, I think you mash a button to win but I don't remember. You can beat that guy, try again so Henry doesn't look like a pussy to the village babes. I won't stand for it.
I am long gone beyond that point. I got killed by Cumans 4 times after that trying to get away. They even managed to drop me from the horse :D (once they engage in combat I could not figure out how to unlock from it to run to a horse :D)
This Henry is going to be a talker, not a warrior.

Somehow we didn't have really have any niggers in Europe like 50 years ago(much shorter for vast majority of individual countries), but medieval Europe obviously looked exactly like the modern Amerimutt zoo.
Europe underwent an ethnic cleansing before cameras got into use in the 19th century. I have it on good authority that medieval Europe was as diverse as the USA, if not more so.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Europe underwent an ethnic cleansing before cameras got into use in the 19th century. I have it on good authority that medieval Europe was as diverse as the USA, if not more so.
Just like Middle-Earth! Black elves and dwarves were ethnically cleansed in the Third Age so the LotR is already all white.

vota DC

Augur
gpt6Bo5.png

I hope you kill this guy within the first 2 hours of the game. I just replayed the original, and it's unbelievable how he manages to get away with everything, including the sword.
He cheats and abuse the fact his enemies are bounded by honor.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

uajii

Literate

That's just not true. Black people were present in Bohemia, but incredibly rare. This is what Václav Šašek of Bířkov wrote after his return from the Kingdom of Portugal in 1467:

When we took our leave, the king spoke very kindly to Lord Lev, first by himself and then through an interpreter. He said to him these words: "I see that you come from a very distinguished family, and therefore I beg you to do our kingom the honour of asking for any gift you desire. It will be granted to you." When our lord heard this, he respectfully thanked him for the honour and favour bestowed upon him, and asked the king to give him two Moors. The king's brother was present, and when he heard this request he burst into laughter and said: "What you ask, my friend, is of no value. Ask for something greater and more honorable than these Moors. But if you desire them so much, please accept this third gift from me, a monkey, and return to your homeland, thus exquisitely endowed! Evidently," he asked, "you have neither Moors nor monkeys in your country, that you ask for them above all other things?
And when Lord Lev answered that they were seldom seen in our country, the duke said: "But there is an abundance of such things in our country. Here the king, my brother, has three cities in Africa, and sends an army into that country every year. And from no such expedition, even a smaller one, do they return empty-handed, but bring with them a hundred thousand or more Moors of all ages and sexes. And all that is brought is then sold like cattle. For such is the custom here, that people from other countries come to the Moors market and buy them up. And the king profits more from the sale of them than from the taxes of the whole kingdom. For even a small black man is worth twelve or thirteen gold pieces of Portuguese money; but a larger one is of course much more expensive." And they have a custom, that if anyone gets a strong and hard-working Moor, he baptizes him, and does not sell him, unless he gives him to a friend as a gift. But as long as the Moor is not baptized, he is free to sell him at will.

Auto-translated by DeepL

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've finally finished the few hours long tutorial/intro part of the game and of course lost the last fight (talker not a warrior) and had to be saved by a girl.
I found it hilarious how when you are stuck in that castle both guards and lady of the castle tell you to steal guard's armor/gear.. wtf..

Bad stuff is that game is 50% eurojank, probably most hilarious so far. Best part is when nobody turns towards you when they talk. VA is between bad and average.

Still game is very atmospheric and interesting.

Bad stuff is that game is 50% eurojank, probably most hilarious so far.

What the fuck does this even mean? I am so tired of edgelord retards trying to score points for calling anything made in Europe Eurojank, when they gobble up horrible Bethesda animations for decades. Bad enough mainstream gaming websites do it, but now I gotta read this shit here?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Back when I first played it all the opening story/tutorial shit completely had my attention. 'Twas when the game really started opening up that I uninstalled it. This was what, like 5 years ago? I'm sure it's fine now. I reinstalled it. It's just a matter of when I get tired of DD2. And Stellar Butt comes out in a few days. I'll definitely be playing it in May if I'm not dead. To say the game was in an acceptable state at launch is retarded, but it's forgivable considering the tiny team.

ArchAngel

Arcane

What the fuck does this even mean? I am so tired of edgelord retards trying to score points for calling anything made in Europe Eurojank, when they gobble up horrible Bethesda animations for decades. Bad enough mainstream gaming websites do it, but now I gotta read this shit here?
I know Bethesda sucks but this is eurojank even compared to those games.
For example in "intro" I escaped the castle on a horse and went towards my burnt village, found some quarry on the way, got off the horse to talk to the guy there, game goes to black and plays an animation of me going through bushes to see my burning village in the distance. I get control back and now I've been teleported to the next village without my horse.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In game design you can be mediocre and still successful, as long as you are sincerely unapologetic about it. People value sincerity more than impeccability. Especially if the lead designer also has blue eyes.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

There's no jank like SLAVJANK.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom