Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh yea, I also found old witch in the forest who showed me how resurrect myself when I die.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
too bad you cannot go to armorsmith and change the symbol on the shield to one of your design
Like what, arse-n-balls wreathed with piss stains? This is not Larian where you can customize everything including the shape and size of your dong, all heraldry in the game is authentic.

some others went back to sleep like nothing was happening (shit like this is why this is eurojank).
Yes, that's how you can tell eurojank, NPCs have complex routines. In prestigious non-eurojank games NPCs just neatly stand around with a question mark above their heads.

ArchAngel

Arcane
too bad you cannot go to armorsmith and change the symbol on the shield to one of your design
Like what, arse-n-balls wreathed with piss stains? This is not Larian where you can customize everything including the shape and size of your dong, all heraldry in the game is authentic.

some others went back to sleep like nothing was happening (shit like this is why this is eurojank).
Yes, that's how you can tell eurojank, NPCs have complex routines. In prestigious non-eurojank games NPCs just neatly stand around with a question mark above their heads.
1. I found empty Heavy Shield on a bandit boss that I am using. Game should at least let me put Sir Radzig's emblem on it since I am his soldier now
2. Complex routines like lets let our boss go alone to fight unknown number of attackers and hey boss is not back in 5 minutes, I am sure it is all OK so I can go back to sleep like nothing happened.
Can you lick Vavra's ass any harder gay boy?

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You need to prepare your character for stealth. Not just by training your skills, but also wearing the appropriate clothes to reduce visibility and lower noise.

BTW, here's a little tip for you: next time use a bow on naked bandits. Since they have no armor and weapons, you can easily stun lock them with little danger to you. Good way to train bows early on. Can also be used on the scrub bandits you find early on if the groups are small enough. Anything that doesn't have a lot of armor basically can be stun locked by arrows. Main reason arrows are totally broken later in the game since with high enough power you can punch through armor and do the same trick even with late game enemies.

Mutt can also help with this.

All the screeching about how difficult the combat system is in this game seem to ignore the fact you really don't actually have to fight anything if you don't want. You can play the game as an assassing, killing people in stealth, behind their backs or in their sleep.
Killing with bow will not work with a controller, at least not with "drunk" Henry. It was hard enough to hit anything in Starfield with a controller and there you are not drunk when trying to aim anything

The fuck are you playing a PC game with a controller for.
PC user knows there are optimal control schemes and types of control for any given time and picks the best for the moment from vast range of options, be it mouse&keyboard, controller, flightstick, wheel or any other equipment one might have hands on.

It's the console mutts and MKB tribalists living in era of uncultured single scheme controls.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I found out last night that citizens respawn so it's best to roam through a house and murder everyone in their sleep, then rob them which keeps them from waking up and interrupting you. I was worried that I was going to be cursed with eternal filthiness when I got myself into a massacre at the bath house next door to the miller after the proprietor gave me lip and tried to charge me 200g to speak to her. Hopefully the new proprietor will have more sense.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I found out last night that citizens respawn so it's best to roam through a house and murder everyone in their sleep, then rob them which keeps them from waking up and interrupting you.
If your Stealth is high enough to murder people in their sleep without waking up everyone else it's high enough to rob them without them hearing you.

Also I think if you start murdering people willy-nilly, the town will collectively notice and reacts to you differently (as a stranger) even if you are never caught.

Either way you're not penalized too much but I was always hesitant just massacring people, somehow it didn't jive with Henry's natural character. I normally don't give a fuck about role-play elements but this game is built different.

Val Doom

Literate
As long as you remember to drop a few groschen into the tithe box of your local church every once in a while, you're good. Absolution will come to thee no matter how many peasants you murder in the roads.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I found out last night that citizens respawn so it's best to roam through a house and murder everyone in their sleep, then rob them which keeps them from waking up and interrupting you.
If your Stealth is high enough to murder people in their sleep without waking up everyone else it's high enough to rob them without them hearing you.

Also I think if you start murdering people willy-nilly, the town will collectively notice and reacts to you differently (as a stranger) even if you are never caught.
No, they sometimes wake up from pickpocketing instantly as soon as you start even at 19 pickpocket and 12 stealth in all black clothes. I have no idea what causes this. It has caused several massacres now. The only big rep hit I noticed was when I killed a family of bakers and someone found a corpse and grabbed the guard. A guard showed up and started looking around and I snuck up and slit his throat. The bounty went away but my rep with the citizens went to -80(!!). This was fixed by going into town, murdering a beggar and going to jail for 10 days, after which my rep went back up to 17.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No, they sometimes wake up from pickpocketing instantly as soon as you start even at 19 pickpocket and 12 stealth in all black clothes. I have no idea what causes this.
Hm, don't remember anything like that. IIRC at maxed out pickpocketing you should be able to comfortably rob anyone, even not sleeping.

Also remind me, aren't there different inventories for dead/live NPCs? (meaning if you kill someone they suddenly magically don't have some crucial items on them anymore; might be mixing it up with some other game tho)

ArchAngel

Arcane

No, they sometimes wake up from pickpocketing instantly as soon as you start even at 19 pickpocket and 12 stealth in all black clothes. I have no idea what causes this. It has caused several massacres now. The only big rep hit I noticed was when I killed a family of bakers and someone found a corpse and grabbed the guard. A guard showed up and started looking around and I snuck up and slit his throat. The bounty went away but my rep with the citizens went to -80(!!). This was fixed by going into town, murdering a beggar and going to jail for 10 days, after which my rep went back up to 17.
So only thing more eurojank in this game than combat AI is the whole crime system.. and to think I used to complain about BG1 and 2 where everyone just turned hostile almost forever if you went full bad guy. I would take that system over this shit..
If you did murder and get caught there should be a scene where you are put in a pillory and left there to die and at best you can pay off a guard to release you at night and you need to escape naked and horseless..

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't remember any of them waking up with an high pick pocket skill either. You likely made noise. Having high stealth doesn't mean you get to wear noisy clothes.

With high thieving abilities i was an unseen ghost 100% of the time.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I have 100% success rates for pickpocketing in broad daylight in a busy square and can walk around in someone's house, knocking shit over and rifling through their belongings with impunity but about 1 in 10 times a pickpocket attempt on a sleeping target will cause them to catch me immediately. Killing them is safer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I honestly never had that happen to me once i maxed the skill, but upon checking the wiki i found this:

"There is a certain bug that makes it so that sleeping npcs will sometimes automatically detect you. This is theorized having to do with visibility and light sources"

So it's a bug. I guess i just got lucky i didn't experience this, or maybe it was fixed on the PC version but not the console version.

Keep in mind with all the perks you can basically see everything they have on a glance, and usually much of what they have isn't worth stealing after a while so i guess it's possible i never lingered on enough for the bug to trigger.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must say Farkle is pretty fun to play. It is simple but fun with a decent dose of risk vs reward.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
I must say Farkle is pretty fun to play. It is simple but fun with a decent dose of risk vs reward.
Loaded dice are too prevalent and the Sir Hans DLC give you an absurdly overpowered set that is impossible to lose with.
Every RPG should just have their own Gwent derivative tbh, CDPR created the perfect minigame and everyone else should stop trying.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Loaded dice are too prevalent and the Sir Hans DLC give you an absurdly overpowered set that is impossible to lose with.
Every RPG should just have their own Gwent derivative tbh, CDPR created the perfect minigame and everyone else should stop trying.
Farkle is I think a real game so they just used that. I am not using loaded die to win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom