Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Teleport really made archers superfluous as just about anything do more damage than an archer.

Focused shot with a million AP (that archers have an easy time stacking) does enough damage to instantly remove any enemy from across the entire map until fomorians appear. Then there's shit like mass AP drain from burning arrow and cooldown reduction on basic attack kill, and more that I'm already forgetting. Dindraine was a core part of my A-Team from start to finish.

Johannes

Arcane
Rarity of good bows is an issue, if your base damage isn't up to par then any archer is gonna be lame.

I've been using Yvain, mostly making 1 killing shot per round (first shot of round does more dmg and grants AP), then focusing on overwatch if there's enough targets on the field (overwatch shots do extra damage and cost less AP each). Used to be really good when he first got his lvl10 relic bow, but has dropped off a lot since, as I've found nothing better since and he's lvl19 now.

Should use forge to roll for better bows probably.

Bors would looks like he'd be even better w the overwatch shit, and could wear medium armor, but Yvain's a bit more versatile probably w his aoe attacks.

Cael

Arcane
Teleport really made archers superfluous as just about anything do more damage than an archer.

Focused shot with a million AP (that archers have an easy time stacking) does enough damage to instantly remove any enemy from across the entire map until fomorians appear. Then there's shit like mass AP drain from burning arrow and cooldown reduction on basic attack kill, and more that I'm already forgetting. Dindraine was a core part of my A-Team from start to finish.
What do you use to generate the million APs?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Ah, actually it wasn't exactly the million APs, but the million MPs that mattered for me - because with those you can still reposition a bunch at the start of your turn to get any faget who isn't immediately within reach of the focused shot, and with that you retain all the damage bonuses from prepared (+50% for the first attack), first shot (+30% if no AP was spent) and focused shot (uses all AP for 35% weapon damage per AP). I also gave her a +1AP elixir and could further boost it with Leodegrance's inspire (too bad that blessing counts only for melee damage or that would have been even more crazy). Bonus points if you got a bunch of enemies on fire with either fire arrow or napalm nade earlier for +AP from fire mastery.

Suddenly you do 300 armour and block ignoring damage with a focused shot from 30 tiles away. And for added laughs I also gave her a ring that finishes off any enemy that would be left with <10% HP after an attack, so no luckerfag is ever left with 1 HP (plus it instakills the Lost without letting them reanimate).

And FYI nearly all of that shit is already available at T2. Too bad that her T3 is kind of shit (and she starts dropping off a little because of it late game - fire bomb is good on paper but very unreliable in practice because no enemies ever start in an X formation or assume it), but it honestly hardly even mattered for me when the rest of the package is so kray.

Cael

Arcane

Ah, actually it wasn't exactly the million APs, but the million MPs that mattered for me - because with those you can still reposition a bunch at the start of your turn to get any faget who isn't immediately within reach of the focused shot, and with that you retain all the damage bonuses from prepared (+50% for the first attack), first shot (+30% if no AP was spent) and focused shot (uses all AP for 35% weapon damage per AP). I also gave her a +1AP elixir and could further boost it with Leodegrance's inspire (too bad that blessing counts only for melee damage or that would have been even more crazy). Bonus points if you got a bunch of enemies on fire with either fire arrow or napalm nade earlier for +AP from fire mastery.

Suddenly you do 300 armour and block ignoring damage with a focused shot from 30 tiles away. And for added laughs I also gave her a ring that finishes off any enemy that would be left with <10% HP after an attack, so no luckerfag is ever left with 1 HP (plus it instakills the Lost without letting them reanimate).
Ah. I understand now. I had always overlooked focused shot because the initial 25% per AP just makes it the same as normal shooting. I didn't realise you can up that %/AP.

Johannes

Arcane
Hunter skill for marksman (lower all skills AP by one if facing only 1 enemy) made machine gun firing the final boss fight kinda easy even when underleveled.

Too bad the story gets less and less interesting as the game progresses (first chapter you still have the sense of mystery, even if you have retarded missions like Kay proving his loyalty by killing the rebels he hired instead of just telling them to stand down). Not really feeling like playing the endgame stuff, didn't even finish the morality questlines.

Game's too long, could potentially replay this shit if it there wasn't so much trash combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom