Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Killable children y/n?

Melcar

Arcane
:lol:

ITZ the new shit. Deal with it.

tehRPness

Educated
Black said:
Do you really want to kill children in a video game?!
Personally, I just want the choice.

Pliskin said:
themadhatter said:
Again, of course, this would rely on a system wherein gore and twitchy-action are not the game's selling points, not to count, a gaming demographic that is not quite so flippant about killing and looting everything that moves.

Good luck with that.
ROFL

ecliptic

Liturgist
themadhatter said:
Honestly...yes.
Where videogames are concerned, a Gears of War-esque kiddy-killer would be grotesque and, where I'm concerned, ought rightly to be prohibited.

Wrong on both counts. I think it would be an amazing amount of fun, and on what grounds do you feel that it should be prohibited? Because YOU find it offensive? Plenty of people find games like Gears offensive. Just because you don't like content doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

hyttenhoof

Novice
themadhatter said:
RottingNaziSurfer said:
What is wrong with a Gears of War-esque kiddy-killer?
Thanks for supplying us with such a quintessential example of a rhetorical question.

Across the board, they are all just GAMES.
...and the Gettysburg Address was just a speech, the Magna Carta is just a document, the Sistine Chapel is just a building, the Torah, Qur'an and Bible are just books...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...any more inane points you'd care to make? Format is meaningless, message is paramount, be it conveyed with or without interaction, directly or via a narrative.

God Forbid that the game sends a message that children aren't immortal. we'll shake the world.

That aside, I fail to see what message it would send.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom