Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Khabal Gaming thinks that KOTOR is the bestest game evar

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

<a href=http://www.khabal.com>Khabal Gaming</a> <a href=http://www.khabal.com/articles/showarticle.php?id=614>thinks</a> that <a href=http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic>KOTOR</a> is a perfect game that deserves a perfect score, <b>10 out of 10</b> for everything but the sound.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>This game has so many good points and so many better points, it’s difficult to just compliment one. But if there were just one thing to play this game for, it would be the story. Many games have had really good stories unfold in the beginning, only to collapse as the game progressed. Rest assured, Knights of the Old Republic is on the other side of the fence. While this game may seem predictable at first, a few twists will ensure continuing to think that way will leave you slapped in the face with a firaxa shark.
<br>
<br>
Bringing us into the past of the Star Wars universe may have sounded skeptical at first, but Bioware has done a fantastic job. They even added extra effort to rework the interface from the Xbox version for the PC so as to take advantage of having a mouse and a keyboard (PC users will laugh again). In addition to that, the paths of Light and Dark are very well defined, even to the extent that your character will start to look really evil as he progresses down the Dark side. </blockquote>
<br>
You know, guys, I thought of at least 3 negative comments reading this crap but decided not to because of the many complains of anti-Bio sentiments around here. So let me ask you a question instead. What do YOU think of the paragraphs above?
<br>
<br>
Spotted at <a href=http://www.bluesnews.com/>Blue’s News</a>
<br>

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Where do they keep these veal like reviewers who have never been exposed to an actual good story and thus think KotOR story is the bestest ever?

Its like theres some secret Island of Dr. Moreau where they breed and keep a full compliment of morons for reviewing and test audience purpose.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
I uh.. saw at least one of the two twists coming from a mile away. The not-so-subtle build up to teh big one1 kinda ruined the impact fer me. Like Saint, though, this is the only Bioware game I've ever managed to fully complete (twice even) so..... yeah.

Amerestatistic

Liturgist
Well...

Spoiler: I think the whole "Rakata still exist" thing is supposed to be the second big twist...if not I have no idea. It's not much of a twist since anyone playing should expect it...

I have no problem with Bioware and think KotOR is a pretty good game (with the positive side-effect of perhaps building an audience for western RPGs on consoles) but I don't think it deserves all the praise it's been getting. I can understand it being worshipped on a console where that style of gameplay is rare, but not on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom