Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News JA2: Wildfire gets an announcement

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire; Strategy First

<A href="http://www.strategyfirst.com">Strategy First</A> has put up a <A href="http://www.strategyfirst.com/games/GameInfo.asp?sLanguageCode=EN&iGameID=110&sSection=Overview">website</a> about a new expansion pack to the venerable <A href="http://www.jaggedalliance2.com/">Jagged Alliance 2</A> game, self described as <i>role playing strategy</i>, probably because <i>open ended, present day dungeon crawling with guns and taking over towns</i> wouldn't fit well on the box. Here's a bit on the new expansion:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Wildfire, created by Serge "Wildfire" Popov, a well known pioneer in the JA2 community includes changes to all weapons, landscapes, structures, missions, enemies and the AI. All elements within the game were altered to make it more realistic bringing it closer to real-life.
<br>
<br>
Wildfire takes you back to Arulco, its economy has completely collapsed and the country has now become a base for international drug cartels. Export of precious metals, which was the foundation of Arulco?s economy, is now just a cover for the extensive export of drugs into North America.
<br>
<br>
The North American Drug Agency has been unable to affect the export of drugs through regular diplomatic channels due to the cartel?s influence and has been forced to take more specific action. You are sent in as a leader of a small band of hired guns to eliminate the Kingpin of the main drug cartel. If successful, you will be hailed as heroes. If you fail, the Agency will deny all knowledge of the operation.
<br>
<br>
Real World, Real Weapons, Real Enemies... REAL TROUBLE!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Real late!
<br>
<br>
Spotted this at <A href="http://www.homelanfed.com">HomeLAN Fed</a>.

Voss

Erudite
Wow. I have an amazingly bad feeling about this.

Altered! Modified! Added! Rebalanced!
Really just a mod.

By a modder that apparently named it after himself...
thats a sign of things to come. In a very bad way.

Now, are we talking $29.99 or $39.99?

triCritical

Erudite
So let me get this straight.

They are going to make me pay for a mod? Hell I don't care if the game is JA2, I am not paying for a mod! Oops it is JA2... well I am still not paying!

Unless the game is made by SirTech then its really not worth paying for.

Oh, and what Saint said, TOO LATE!

Bring on JA3 and lets talk.

Psilon

Erudite
This reminds me of the time they tried selling the Vietnam mod for Myth II. Even after bundling the Total Codex (I & II) it still didn't work.

Half-Life: Gunman Chronicles?

The mod-to-retail path doesn't really work. What might seem a pretty cool mod usually appears slipshod to a retail consumer.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Here's a novel concept. Although I doubt this will happen.....

Maybe they're not gonna sell it at all and offer it for free. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom