Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IXION - space station sim by Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus developer

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I recently grabbed this and played for some 12 hours so far - I like it a lot tbh fam. Its kinda annoying that you have to manually control the transfer of resources between individual sections of the Tiqqun and there are some technical issues still (had to reload a save recently because a cargo ship that was supposed to deliver supplies to a planetary colony somehow got stuck and never brought the supplies), but in general the game is in a good state.

Gameplay-wise, I love the constant tension (the Tiqqun keeps falling apart, the crew keeps going crazy, you have to be on your toes since things can go from "OK" to "FUBAR" very fast), the city building aspect is fine and the space exploration (done through CYOA events) is p. gud. The tone of the game in general is very dark, a really good take on the post-apocalyptic genre. This game does the Frostpunk thingy much better than Frostpunk ever did.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, the devs came up with this "dead Earth syndrome" which makes people go crazy regardless of what the actual situation is. It is indeed annoying, but I appreciate that the devs try to explore the psychic strain of the space travel (after all this is very much debated even in connection to the flight to Mars) as well as of being the few survivors of the actual apocalypse.

In a way I guess that the game is more of a social sim than space sim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom