Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ITT: Butthurt about OA and Failpoint 3

MetalCraze

Arcane
An engineer can repair badly damaged vehicles, making them operable, and defuse mines, sacthels, and IEDs

Haha I imagine a lone moron repairing a nearly burning tank in half of a minute. ZOMG we are totally not like Battlefield we are sim.

Fuck you very much, BIS.

MetalCraze

Arcane
1.54 is out

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files.

Hoho BIS felt something was smoking :smug:
Or actually they don't
The patch adds BAF objects at placeholder-resolution quality - capped at 64px.
duuuuuuuh

# Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements.
# Reworked MP Session Browser and Mission Selector.
# Engineer - Engineers have undergone some serious training and are now capable of repairing damaged vehicles and defusing mines. An engineer can patch up a badly damaged vehicle, making it operable.
# Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel).
Still it's kinda :incline: overall

Suchy

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
1.54 is out

Arma 2: British Armed Forces Lite - all units, vehicles and weapons from Arma 2: British Armed Forces are included in this patch with lower quality textures and audio files.

Hoho BIS felt something was smoking :smug:
Or actually they don't
The patch adds BAF objects at placeholder-resolution quality - capped at 64px.
duuuuuuuh

# Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements.
# Reworked MP Session Browser and Mission Selector.
# Engineer - Engineers have undergone some serious training and are now capable of repairing damaged vehicles and defusing mines. An engineer can patch up a badly damaged vehicle, making it operable.
# Artillery Computer - All indirect fire weapons can exploit the brand new artillery computer by selecting it in the Action Menu (default binding is the mouse wheel).
Still it's kinda :incline: overall
The placeholder BAF is actually not a bad thing - ensures multiplayer compatibility for people with and without the DLC (ie no BAF-only servers). Texture mods will show up pretty soon anyway.

The Engineer, now that's fucking retarded. Repair trucks were already overdone.

Achilles

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Why ArmA2 of all games started to suddenly attract so many retards, I don't get it

Well, it's a game about the Americans and their struggle to 'liberate' places by bombing the shit out of them. Is it really a surprise that it attracts retards?

entertainer

Arbiter
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... ost6414166

man, no editor or sdk either :lol: love the excuses

also

Red River is the next step up for players who’ve hit a glass ceiling with regular console FPS titles. The fireteam control, engagement ranges, authentic combat model and freedom to manoeuvre ensure that there’s a lot to get your teeth into if you want something more hardcore and challenging. However, Red River is working hard to ensure that the “barriers to entry” that existed in Dragon Rising are removed, so that new players aren’t scared off, whilst retaining the authentic core combat experience that Operation Flashpoint is renowned for.

what kind of people write these poems i wonder

MetalCraze

Arcane
Suchy said:

We've tested engineer yesterday with a clan. It restores about 5% of each device on the vehicle. I'd say engineer is in fact underpowered.

Suchy said:

We've tested engineer yesterday with a clan. He restores about 5% of each device on the vehicle. I'd say engineer is in fact underpowered as he makes absolutely no difference - in one of the missions takistanish shot up our IFV, I've tried to do repairs, even after I was finished IFV still blew up.

Alexandros said:
Well, it's a game about the Americans and their struggle to 'liberate' places by bombing the shit out of them. Is it really a surprise that it attracts retards?

It's a game about any kind of conflict you want. Much like with OFP you can have space marines raping orks and eldars if you wish so.
Only OA includes the campaign where you bomb the shit out of a muslim shithole but I guess that was enough.

Suchy

Arcane
entertainer said:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/424378-community-questions-answered.html#post6414166

man, no editor or sdk either :lol: love the excuses

Some guy on CM Forums said:
And for all of us(myself included) if we are so to speak loyal fans to the flashpoint series, then we have to accept the changes that are being made.... Im sure RR will be like DR but like 100x better..... CM is focusing on fixing what went wrong with DR, they have stated this numerous times...They want to make sure the core essentials are good before adding major features....
the same guy said:
Im also glad that this has been brought forth early on.....This way we as a community have time to get our senses together and look on the bright side....RR will be a ton better than DR in so many ways already. Let's stay positive people....There's still many other great tidbits of info CM has not released yet.....I know the ME situation will stay with a lot of you till release and so i can't do anything about that.....

:smug:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE GAME IS GREAT

LOLOLLOL BROS BAD UPDATE THE GAME IS SHIT

YES BROS NOPW THEY MADE THE GAME GREAT AGAIN

OH NO LOOLOLLOL NOW IS TIS SHIT

Suchy

Arcane
The UNSUNG mod for Arma2 is to be released "very soon"
Damn, that looks sweet.

34958535.jpg

78349484.jpg

29426834.jpg

44485124.jpg

Suchy

Arcane
It shouldn't really be a problem. The vegetation doesn't really look any more dense than in vanilla Arma2, just uses different assets.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It looks even less dense than on Duala and that island runs fine. Although recent Unsung screenshots suck if you saw them.

As for the engine - I played through OFP version of Unsung on a very old PC and it worked well too thanks to all optimizations moddies put there. And it had even more dense vegitation than Far Cry at the time.

Suchy

Arcane
Although recent Unsung screenshots suck if you saw them.
Yeah, some vegetation textures look like glowing neons. Bad brightness/saturation settings imo. Though they wrote somewhere that these new screenshots actually come from an older build. Hopefully it's fixed by now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Is it any good?
I've heard there are only 3 missions.

What about islands? Do they look like Vietnam or a shitty plane with low detail and random not-dense-enough trees on it which seems to be a tradition for AA2 maps these days.

Suchy

Arcane
I don't know yet. I just saw it on bis forums, but I'm still at work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkHuckOXhMI

More missions will follow of course, gotta wait though.

Edit: this one shows jungle, looks dense enough imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFZwh6Blq8Y
* Jungle & Grass area seems a bit dense and not suitable for single mission players. Of course, it's very close to the reality. But regretuflly, AI and players couldn't do exactly as real men in a game. So it almost never could see enemy and fight in such jungles. Suggest to make some plants lower or lessen the density of Jungle. And add more villages in future release.
Sounds promising. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom