Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I failed at MotB

Texas Red

Whiner
Some spoilers

After visiting the hags in the Sunken City I seem not be able to open up Shadow portals. I didn't get an Oblivion-esque inbuilt walkthrough telling me to go back to Myrkul's temple after I discovered that I'm the Soul Eater. Did I miss on confronting this Many-As-One?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Actually you did get an Oblivion-esque walkthrough. Your journal tells you too explicitly that you can the husk to him. It is updated after the Okku fight.

Man, can't developers let people find things out for themselves? I remember opening the journal after getting the Journal Updated message and seeing this written on it. Way to take the fun out of it.

But why can't you open Shadow Portals to Shadow Mulsantir? Must be a bug, because it should be possible to do so at night time in any Chapter.

Texas Red

Whiner
*shrugs* I usually don't read journals since they just recite everything I already know.

Lumpy

Arcane
Lol no. You'll need to go to Shadow Mulsantir in Chapter III anyway. Portals are only open at night, except for the one inside the Theater which is open at all times (the main gate of the Shadow Theater becomes unlocked in Chapter II).

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Jesus fucking hell, you're a stupid fucking moron, Darky Indie. Get the fuck out of here before I beat you to death with my comic book collection.

Redeye

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Some spoilers

After visiting the hags in the Sunken City I seem not be able to open up Shadow portals. I didn't get an Oblivion-esque inbuilt walkthrough telling me to go back to Myrkul's temple after I discovered that I'm the Soul Eater. Did I miss on confronting this Many-As-One?

Go to Veil

Go to room in veil

Talk to golem doorkeeper

Ask to open the outgoing portal

Go to Thayvian academy

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I failed at MotB or it failed me, actually. I specifically took pains to create a Red Wizard hoping I'd get different dialogue. And the first lady accused me of mistrusting Red Wizards and told me not do it... which it tells all characters regardless of her class. FAIL

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I'm going to pull a gay one here, but, it wouldn't make sense for your character to be a red wizard given the specifics of the previous part of the plot (nwn2 official campaign), where your dude is a farmer saving the world. Red wizards are supposed to be slavers or some shit, I think, anyway, they are wizards and they are evil, so yeah. But why give your character the opportunity then? For the bonuses of course

Lumpy

Arcane
Elwro said:
I failed at MotB or it failed me, actually. I specifically took pains to create a Red Wizard hoping I'd get different dialogue. And the first lady accused me of mistrusting Red Wizards and told me not do it... which it tells all characters regardless of her class. FAIL
Not really. The class is basically available to the player because why not? But you aren't really a Red Wizard for obvious reasons. I'd think her treating you as a Red Wizard just because you choose the prestige class, without ever having interacted with the Red Wizards before, would be a bit silly, no?

Elwro

Arcane
I believe the game should give me an option to act as a Red Wizard (=have at least one dialogue option different from other possible PCs) when the class is discussed in a dialogue with an NPC. (How could I know when creating my character that I'm not really a Red Wizard? If so, the class shouldn't be available for new characters.)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
You don't get different dialogue options as a Red Wizard?

Incredible considering how much dialogue changes in this game otherwise. Alignment changes dialogue and opens up new ones as well. Being a worshipper of Kelemwor atleast opens up 2-3 lines of extra dialogue. If you have the Unarmed Strike feat, even that lets you tell the genie that you don't use weapons (during the golem slave quest thing).

And yet, they forgot this. How can they put so much detail into the game and forget this?

Elwro

Arcane
Hey, I'd bet you get tons of different dialogue for Red Wizards later in the game. I was just talking about the first NPC, the conversation with whom turned me off. And I didn't have the time to try the game later, busy with rl.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
The PC was never from Thay. Being given the option of playing a Red Wizard does seem silly, yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom