Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hotseat / Party games

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Since I've finally got the game launcher interface working comfortably, I guess it is finally the high time to set up some party games on my HTPC.

I currently got WinUAE and some other emulators running through it, so I need some recommendations of party/hot seat games that'd work in living room environment, either through keyboard or game pad.

Preferrably games that have strong co-operative gameplay or are fast to jump in and get started.

Here are some examples I've currently installed:

PC

FlatOut 2 -- Besides the racing, has party games built in.
Frets on Fire -- Rhythm game, works with Guitar Hero/Rock Band controllers and songs.
Melty Blood: Act Cadenza -- Doujin beat 'em up
Party's Breaker: The Queen of Heart 2001 -- Doujin beat 'em up.
Ultrastar -- Karaoke (oh the horror!)

Amiga

Alien Breed -- Two player horror survival.
Apidya -- Side scrolling shoot 'em up.
Banshee -- Two player shoot 'em up.
Chaos Engine -- Two player co-op action.
Dynablasters -- Bomberman clone with up to five players.
North & South -- Two player strategy.

New recommendations in the same vein are welcome.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
X-COM, because no party is quite like the one where everyone gathers around one person and watches him play X-COM for 10 hours straight.
:smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
HOMM3
Worms 2
Worms Armageddon

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
If HoMM3 is being recommended, then I'll add Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase.

If you can get it to run on a modern computer, that is.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Unkillable Cat said:
If HoMM3 is being recommended, then I'll add Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase.

If you can get it to run on a modern computer, that is.

Hmm... Board games transitioned to computer would actually be interesting. Something fast paced but with a proper strategic layer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom