Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News HISTORY ® Legends of War should be out soon

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: HISTORY ® Legends of War; Slitherine

History? HISTORY! Yup, a title in all caps. That should appeal to the add crowd. Anyway, the trailer for HISTORY ® Legends of War looks nice enough in a totally middle of the road kinda way. But then I read the whole features thing and stuff starts to seem a bit more interesting.

Sequential story based around historical missions allowing the player to experience real events and to alter the course of history as General Patton
Unique combination of strategy game mechanics: High-Level Strategic Management and Turn-based Tactics
RPG elements allow the evolution of units and Patton as the campaign rolls forward
Sensational graphics
German and US forces
5 difficulty levels
4 Operations with 21 different missions including: Attack, Infiltration, Defence, Sabotage
Over 30 different historical based unit types (Infantry, Armoured Vehicles and Aircraft) with authentic weaponry split between German and US forces
Special Units, including Snipers, Commandos, fighters, bombers,...
Video Cinematics​

Interesting. Here's the trailer so we can also include some explosions.

Apparantly the thing has been out in the states and will become available in the rest of the world soonish. Oh, and it's available on consoles and pc. And I never heard about it. Smells like a winner to me. Anyway, some more gameplay can be seen here.

oscar

Arcane
Anything to do with the History Channel would usually send me running but that actually looks pretty cool. Silent Storm vibes (speaking of which someone really needs to steal that physics engine).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom