Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Herve Caen talks as does California Labor Director

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Maybe we'll have to wander the wasteland (while fighting dragons who are supposed to be lizards mutated by radiation) and collect 5 items to make our own water chip and then we'll get a choice an hour before the game ends who to give the chip to.

Snuffles

Novice
Well, if they own the IP as part of a debt settlement there is no limit to their creative freedom with it, I've always wanted to romance a rad scorpion.

taks

Liturgist
Phearuth Tuy, a 3D animator who started at Interplay in December, worries about finding a new job. He left Utah for his current position. He’s also bound to a contract, which says he must pay back a $2,000 signing bonus if he leaves before 18 months

was this guy on crack when he accepted a job with IPLY right after they canned all of the black isle employees???

what a fucking tard....

taks

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, I hate to say it, but if you signed a contract like that within days of there being a mass lay off at a doomed company, then you're not the sharpest tool in the shed. With all the cancelled projects, law suits, lay offs and mass quittings, he should have known it was foolish to sign on with the company, let alone sign a contract saying if he quits before 18 months, he has to pay back the $2000.

taks

Liturgist
Sammael said:
$2k sounds like a crappy sign-up bonus to me anyhow.

actually, $2K is a big-un these days. about four years ago, it was crappy... nobody is paying bonuses anymore. heck, half the companies i'm looking at now don't even pay relocation (cost me $7K to move to CO from FL, they paid, fortunately).

taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Seeing as how humanity is very stupid, in the future, people will pay companies to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom