Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help me with my unfinished list of cRPGs

donjn

Educated
Help me With my Unfinished List of CRPGs

Okay I think all of us have unfinished RPGs but mine seems to be quite long. At first, I do have some shame in placing this list here as I consider this board to be filled with high-end RPG fans. And although this list looks long, believe me, I have finished my share.

I have spent the last five years being sucked into MMOs. I think they really screwed me up. I need your help getting me back to where I belong. Off the top of my head, here is what I have finished in the last 10 years or so..

• Neverwinter Nights
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Oblivion
    Fallout 3
    Divine Divinity
    Nox
    Diablo
    Diablo II
    Ultima II
    Ultima III
    Ultima V
    Ultima VI
    Ultima VII
    Ultima IX
    Sacred
    Fable
    Might and Magic I
    Might and Magic II
    Siege Of Avalon
    Blades of Exile
    Eschalon: Book I

Never finished list
Please note, my old computer had the saved games so I cant continue and will have to start over on most of these games.

Gothic 3
I am playing this right now. It is exactly what I need to help deal with getting away from online games. In Gothic 3 you can skin creatures, mine ore, make weapons, etc. In other words, its a rare single player game that has crafting. I am enjoying this very much right now and will finish it.

When I am done with Gothic 3 I need a game plan or an order what to do next. In no particular order, here are some I never started nor finished.

Gothic II
It took about a week to get used to the poor graphics (I actually think older sprite games look better than early 3d) but this game was a gem. I played it a bit back in 2006. Got about halfway done. Then, like I always do, lost interest..

Ultima VIII
Played many years ago in bunches but I am now waiting for the Pentagram upgrade with higher resolutions. I will give it one more year before I just play it through Dos Box.

Ultima VII: Serpent Isle
Did about 50% of it, then ran into some major issues. It seems if you don't do certain things in a certain order, it can screw up your game. This is both what makes an open ended game great and bad, at the same time.

Arcanum
Back in 2003 or so I finished about 50% of this game I really loved it. It hated having to move the camera AND move my character. Why with this, and Baldur's Gate could there never be a camera that keeps your character centered all the time? Anyways I am seriously considering this one next after Gothic 3.

Baldurs Gate Series
I may go straight to Baldurs Gate 2 and skip the firs tone. I played these a bit a while ago but never got too far. Again, the camera thing drove me nuts.

Two Worlds
Played for 5 minutes. Thought it was trash.

Planescape Torment
I heard this was a classic. I have never played it at all. However, I am picky, and I assume I will have to deal (once again) with a camera that you have to manually follow your character. I also like to see different armor on my character.

Jade Empire
Really enjoyed this game. I have no reason to give you why I never finished it.

KOTOR
Really enjoyed this game. I have no reason to give you why I never finished it.

Mass Effect
Really enjoyed this game but I think it is slightly overrated. I got sick of landing on planets and driving, and driving, and driving....

Fable 2
Still have it now. I am real close but have not played in months. I guess I should finish it to get it out of the way. More of an action-RPG though, and not a computer game.

Morrowind
I have tried to finish this game many times. I just could not do it. Not sure if it is ever in the cards for me.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
You know me by now, camera issues. I tried the demo, and the over the shoulder cam is brutal. Your character is off center to the screen. Just could not get into it.

Of course these are upcoming

Arcania: Gothic IV
Risen
Divine Divinity 2
Dragon Age
Eschalon: Book II
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2

I need some help. Maybe a timeline, who knows. But on my list, what really NEEDS to be done?

Lemunde

Scholar
I've owned a lot of CRPGs and I think I've only beaten 3 of them: Oblivion, KotOR2 and Diablo 2. Oh, and Shadows of Undrentide if expansions count.

On your list I think the best candidate is The Witcher because there's a mod floating around somewhere that completely changes how the camera works. Maybe if you get that the game will be more playable for you. I've never tried it myself but I've heard good things.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
donjn said:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
You know me by now, camera issues. I tried the demo, and the over the shoulder cam is brutal. Your character is off center to the screen. Just could not get into it.

Some time ago I posted about how to play TW in first person. It's really a different experience. I think you should read that thread (screens included): http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30829

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom