Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HALP! I have a silly KotOR2 problem

Gus Nukem

Novice
[Prologue]
SW: KotOR2: TSL is a decent X-Box game. Decent story, dialogue, music, voice acting.
Also, Star Wars geeks will find plenty to indulge ourselves in.
I am certain that most of us have enjoyed far superior games in our pc gaming lives and that's that.
What is about to be discussed, concerns the pc port of the X-Box game KotOR2 and is a true story.
[End Prologue]

Well, people, I am in dire need of assistance .
Not only has my experience with KotOR2 been diminished, but I seem to be irreversibly stuck.

HALP!!!

Time for me to explain :

or, as I put it over at the Obs. fora ....

<WHOOO>

Hi all,

I am playing the pc version of KotOR2.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 running the latest drivers and so is the DirectX I am using. I am running WinXP SP1.

During the installation, the process crashed and I had to restart only to reach a new crash later on during the installation. ( ex. 1st crash occurs at ~30% , 2nd at ~ 60%, , etc. etc. ) By sheer force of will , I restarted the installation after every crash ; finally the game was installed. - I deemed this to be the only way to play the game , after numerous clean installs where the problem would reappear. --- so I am running a flawed installation . I also patched the game to the

ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/KotO ... 0%20UK.exe

latest patch.

Now , let me present you the matter which troubles me ....

At some point in the game, Kreia and Bao-Dur will stop answering me. My main character will <LEFT CLICKY> them and they will turn towards him, but will not engage dialogue. I solved this by selecting them and then addressing my main character.
While in the Ebon Hawk , it is impossible to speak to them.
Also, they seem to stay at the entrance of the area I am in and tend to ignore any skirmishes occuring nearby - unless I select them and move them where I see fit.
Apart from that, they often refuse to operate computers and similar stuff...

Sooo ... after Telos-Dantooine-Korriban-Dxun-Onderon-Nar Shadda-Onderon, mr fancy pants decides to teach Handmaiden the ways of the Jedi, Kreia ponders this to be a betrayal and I find myself in the Telos Academy.

There I find the door to the Mystical Chamber of Meditation or whatever locked and cold if you touch it , the Ebon Hawk refusing to let me board it and Kreia waiting for me in the dojo sparring room holding a sword and not the small lightsaber she should.
Since she is the sole inhabitant of the whole level , one would expect her to say sth or fight me or whatever so as the plot to proceed.

Alas ... as in the Ebon Hawk, the same here! My main character cannot start any dialogue with Kreia. It seems the game is stuck ...

HALP!!!

<WHOOSH>

So, what must be done to avoid such a humiliating pwnage ?

PS The ring is equipped

Gus Nukem

Novice
Thanks for relocatin'

And I 'd appreciate it a lot, if the solution didn't require uninstalling & reinstalling the game.

Cheers!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Gus Nukem said:
Thanks for relocatin'

And I 'd appreciate it a lot, if the solution didn't require uninstalling & reinstalling the game.

Cheers!
Sorry, but that's the only one I can think of right now. Would you mind if you gave us the specs for your entire computer?

Fez

Erudite
And credit card details, it helps the process.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
And, a picture. I wanna see if you are a HOT robot chick with big B00Bies!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom