Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Gothic III and StarForce break up

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Gene Ray is giving a $1000 reward (or is it $10k now?) if you can prove that his timecube is wrong.
Boy, this guy knows how to rant. Respect!

But he seems to be right! :shock:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/arwon222/timecubetrue.htm

"Time Cube proves true, Gene Ray wins Nobel Prize for physics.
Stupid Teachers and Evil Academia renounce their counterfeit cubeless ways.

In other Cube-related news, Pope John Paul has announced his resignation, saying "I'm sorry, we were wrong. The God words you know, will not allow you to know TIME CUBE's highest Life Order. For that, I apoligise on behalf of the entire Catholic Church. Adult word god is a counterfeit and fictitious evil upon children." He ended by encouraging all Chrstians to "Burn bible to save humanity."
The Pope's sentiments were echoed by other religious leaders throughoutn the world. The Dalai Lama is quoted as simply stating "God is a word masturbation" as he wandered away into the mountains. Ayatollah Khameni issued a statement saying that "Word and god are unnatural, counterfeit, fictitious and do not exist in Nature's realm. God is cornered as a queer."

Elwro, any comments on these shocking, but somehow outdated, news!?

LlamaGod

Cipher
Educators are lying bastards.
-1 x -1= +1 is WRONG, it is
academic stupidity and is evil.
The educated stupid should acknowledge
the natural antipodes of+1 x +1 = +1and
-1 x -1 = -1 exist as plus and minus values
of opposite creation - depicted by opposite
sexes and opposite hemispheres. Entity is
death worship - for it cancels opposites.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Nightjed said:
Twinfalls said:
[quote="Claw"
edit: and btw, about those lame antipiracy ads, how the hell could they compare stealing food, wallets, cars or dvds to piracy ?, when you steal a car then somebody stops having said car, same goes to anything "physical" however piracy doesnt cause that kind of loss, all the costs involved (bandwith, blank dvd, burner, etc) are paid by the pirate, the only thing you are not "paying" for is for the license, physical things cant be compared with abstract concepts as licenses

Not only that, but food and clothes are pretty bad examples of things to steal. You'd think they use luxory items to compare it with. I mean, if someone is stealing food they probably are in pretty bad shape and need too.

Bluto

Novice
Thank all of you for your feedback and opinions. To come to my decision I've applied an axiom that has worked well for me in the past. In matters unsettled between two factions, there apears to be an inverse relationship between the level of hostility expressed by a faction and the amount of evidence supporting their hypothisis:
IE: the veiwpoint with the lower level of supporting evidence tends to have a higher level of hostility.

So I have followed VDs advice and have purchased and installed SR2 with no apparent difficulties to date. If I do encounter difficulties I will dutifully report such and fall on my sword with humilitation and disgrace. Until then, I will wallow in my self centric veiwpoint with my troll poking stick in hand. Thank you for your support and care.

VenomByte

Scholar
Much as I'd love to take (another) chance on StarForce, I built my PC for £1500, and I'm damned sure I'm not going to risk getting it fucked up.

Perhaps I can get hold of a cracked version of SR2, and send some money to the developers...

Seboss

Liturgist
Bluto said:
So I have followed VDs advice and have purchased and installed SR2 with no apparent difficulties to date.
You mean that you did not experience CPU core meltdown and your HDD/DVD drives were not set on fire by SF yet ? You are one lucky bastard :wink:

Oh j/k.

Kraszu

Prophet
VenomByte said:
Perhaps I can get hold of a cracked version of SR2, and send some money to the developers...

Why not buy a game and download cracked exe file? :roll:

VenomByte

Scholar
Because I have no guarantee I will be able to get it working whilst avoiding installing Starforce that way.

suleo

Scholar
VenomByte said:
Because I have no guarantee I will be able to get it working whilst avoiding installing Starforce that way.

I bought SR2 last october I believe, from gogamer (the imported UK version). I actually bought the game AFTER the no-cd crack was released. My machine is starforce-free so YES, you can buy it and your machine will be starforce-free, if you use the no-cd crack. Just use the SF removal tool.

As long as you run the cracked executable and not the original one, SF will not try to reinstall itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom