Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 3

Ch1ef said:
Fuck, i recently downloaded Gothic 2, and what do you know? It has crapy controls, crappy combat system(crapy just like in Gothic 3), animals that know kung-fu(just like in Ghotic 3) and apparently have skin tougher than steel, and some really lame quests. What a faggotry.

But of cours, the world is beautiful and there is lots of interesting characters and guilds.
:sigh: This is like shit with honey, and it's killing me.

The combat was like Gothic 3 was it?

Ch1ef

Scholar
Ghotic 3 combat system is like: :codexrage:
And Ghotic 2 combat system is like: :rage:

SAME SHIT BRO

Jim Cojones

Prophet
First fight of the first game to find out how you control the character. Three more fights to learn the pace of the moves then a little less when you start to attack faster with better skills. Of course, learning just a bit changed controls (and easier when it comes to fight some of monsters - many enemies in first game are brutal when it comes to dodging your attacks) in the sequel is easier because of experience with a first game.

It's not a game's fault that some players are handicapped.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Mikayel said:
minus the freakish amounts of orcs you have to deal with.

I just run past them as a wolf, I will return to them when I activated the Beliar path so that I can unleash my army of darkness on them. CP 1.7 finally added that one to the game, it was really bogus that the devs left that one out while the spell was in the goddamn spellbook! :x

A user named cat

Monocause said:
Try slashing services and background processes before playing. My rig is p4 3 ghz, radeon 3850 and 2 gb DDR2 - definitely not top tier hardware - and stuttering is very occasional with the latest fanpatch.
See, that's the goofy thing concerning Gothic 3's touchy engine. People with lower end systems get better performance than higher end. Trust me when I say my computer is completely clean and tweaked, hardly any background services. Every other game runs fine, but Gothic 3 is still a mess for me and a lot of other people.

Mangoose said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jim Cojones said:

If the same thing happens in a game the codex doesn't like:

"UNPLAYABLE PIECE OF SHIT!!!!"
...Like what game?

dunno, it was just a rethorical example on how the codex is much more lenient with games it likes, even if it has the same flaws other games have.

I'm not gonna say names because then we'd have 5 pages of butthurt fanbois

Suchy

Arcane
Jack_Deth said:
Playing Risen makes me want to give another look at Gothic 3, I played it a bit but my PC wasn't up to scratch when it was released so didn't get very far but I did enjoy it. Is there a best version of Gothic 3 to get? Should I just go with Gothic 3 or or Forsaken Gods because it seemed like that just added more bugs ?
Heh I installed G3 again yesteday - Risen made me hungry for this kind of gameplay too. Installed the latest community patch, and... Well, the patch indeed fixes that bugfest, and alternate AI/balancing are cool things. What it doesn't fix though are the terribly written dialogues and bad voice acting. It really is shit compared to Risen.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Slaughter said:
Liberal said:
JarlFrank said:
Gothic 2 combat is actually quite awesome when you get used to the controls.
Which is close to the end of the game.

Not if you played Gothic 1 before.

I never played Gothic 1, and played G2 for the first time in about 2003 I think. And I got used to the controls and combat in about half an hour.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Clockwork Knight said:
Mangoose said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Jim Cojones said:

If the same thing happens in a game the codex doesn't like:

"UNPLAYABLE PIECE OF SHIT!!!!"
...Like what game?

dunno, it was just a rethorical example on how the codex is much more lenient with games it likes, even if it has the same flaws other games have.

I'm not gonna say names because then we'd have 5 pages of butthurt fanbois
Cop
Out
Weak
Fail
GTFO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom