Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good RPGs where the final third of the game is the best?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
also vig you need to prove yourself right or shut the fuck up, not anyone else prove you wrong about a statement you made on a game you never played faggot

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
also vig you need to prove yourself right or shut the fuck up, not anyone else prove you wrong about a statement you made on a game you never played faggot
Tales games are long. - Tales of Xillia

Tales games are good games. Aren't they too long, though ? - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Too Long; Didn't Play: Tales of Berseria | Gamers With Jobs

Have you ever forced yourself to finish a JRPG you didn't enjoy? : JRPG

Damn a lot of Tales hate here lol

Because they're all 10 hours longer than they should be and often like creating pretentions of an ending before having an extra 10 hours as a twist.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Tales games are long. - Tales of Xillia

Tales games are good games. Aren't they too long, though ? - Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

Too Long; Didn't Play: Tales of Berseria | Gamers With Jobs

Have you ever forced yourself to finish a JRPG you didn't enjoy? : JRPG

Damn a lot of Tales hate here lol

Because they're all 10 hours longer than they should be and often like creating pretentions of an ending before having an extra 10 hours as a twist.
You posted a list of people's opinions on non-Tales of Destiny 2 games.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
so is destiny 2 different in that regard? I was playing Arise and when I thought the game was about to end it turned into a huge dungeon crawler, was not happy with that.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
so is destiny 2 different in that regard? I was playing Arise and when I thought the game was about to end it turned into a huge dungeon crawler, was not happy with that.
It's been a while since I played, but I remember the story got more interesting around the final third of the game. The whole game can be a bit grindy throughout, even if you enjoy the combat, which I did. I'm talking about the PS2 game, not Eternia.

Viata

Arcane
Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.
First two towns are amazing, the rest not so much.

Last third of Grimoire is also great, similar to Wizardry 7. Though both are great throughout, more or less.
But not the best. If anything, the first part of the game is the best. The part covered by the superdemo.

Basically every Persona game
First Persona is great from begin to the end. It's no wonder it's the best Persona game.

Devastator

Learned
System Shock 2's Body of the Many felt super boring.

System Shock 2 immediately becomes boring and tedious the moment you enter the Rickenbacker, never mind BotM.
Oh yeah, I forgot about those fucking eggs...

I expected at the time that the Rickenbacker was the boring grind before the endgame. Turns out it was the grind before the bad part.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Ultima Underworld. The last third is when all the pieces come together and you track down all the artifacts and confront Tyball and the Slasher of Veils.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Once you leave The Underdark in Baldur's Gate 2, the game feels WAY too linear.
Yeah, also one of the reasons why I don't do many of the side quests and the quests outside Athkatla.
I do them after getting back to the surface from the Underdark and having gotten Imoen back so she can also gain Experience from all those quests.

goregasm

Scholar
I think the last third of BR countdown to doomsday is pretty good, not as good as the middle of the game, but better than the first 2 chapters.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Baldur's Gate 2 is a classic example of a half-assed final sequence, whoever proposed it was either drunk or trolling. I remember being taken aback by how the game shriveled up after you return from the Dunderdark and go into the dumb elven tree house.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom