Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gold Chest update 0.1 ready

sproket

Novice
Hi All,

Version 0.1 March 28, 2010 - Basic set of features to create and play some characters
* Added wrapping and allowSelect flag for player select
* Added 'parts' for player weapons
* Fixed view player option in combat
* Fixed user height problem (too tall)
* Added create player/items in db
* Added start menu to create characters, save, load game
* Added customizable character icons
* Combat icons change to reflect weapon carried (Melee Only for now)
* Fixed character always facing right in combat
* Deployed basic logging file
* Set default LAF to Metal so game looks the same on Mac.
* Changed font to fixed-width Courier New (for now)
* Fixed number format in player detail screens (removed attribute numbers)
* Added REALLY UGLY splash screen (demonstrating clearly my lack of artistic ability)

I have the combat icons working (no attack icons yet though). You should be able to create some characters and head over to 13,11 to pick up a few items.

When you enter combat try switching weapons around - the icons should change to reflect the different weapons.

There aren't many choices for icons yet - my plan is to redo them later with nicer images.

You can grab it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/goldchest/

I added a bit of content to the main web site - it's still a work in progress. http://goldchest.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the interest.

:D

getter77

Augur
Cool, never noticed this being in the works before and some other nifty projects found via your links and further links via said links. Keep at it and keep everybody informed!

sproket

Novice
Thanks. Sorry I haven't posted design ideas I have yet. I've been buried.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom