Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So it's not an RPG but as this is the forum for all things Monster Hunter, any opinions on this awesomely named 'God Eater 2 Rage Burst'?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/438490/

I can't help but feel it's missing a ':' in that title, but it's got me interested. I played quite a bit of Toukiden Kiwami and enjoyed it for a few hours until I got bored, is this any better?

Martius

Liturgist
So far I played a bit of first one since at least in Europe it comes together with second game. I need to play more but right now my opinion its positive. Its pretty much a bit streamlined Monster Hunter with more (although not too much) focus on story. If you did not like Toukiden I am not sure if this one will change your mind. Basic loop is same - hunt monsters during missions, use materials to make new and upgrade current weapons and so on. Although there is one interesting idea. There is a bit low amount of weapons (6 melee and 4 ranged) but unlike in Toukiden or Monster Hunter here you need to equip one melee and one ranged weapon. For example default set is short sword and sniper rifle so you can change one of them or go for something like hammer and shotgun. You just cant focus only on shooting since guns use energy generated by attacking monster in close combat.

Unlike Toukiden pc version is decent. It can run at 60 fps, there is mouse support, default keyboard bindings are playable and seems optimized.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cheers for that. I enjoyed Toukiden, but at least for the few hours I played, it all seemed a bit 'samey'. The mobs all looked different but didn't really fight too differently and the weapons were pretty much all the same sort of controls but just with different ranges.

My recollection is slightly hazy on that so I stand to be corrected by anyone who played Toukiden longer than I did, but regardless it didn't keep my attention for much past 20 hours or so.

Basically, is there more variety in the monsters and weapon styles in this one?

Martius

Liturgist
Well, I cant really compare it to Toukiden since I refund that because of very poor performance and I still need to play God Eater more to see how much it offers. I would say weapon feel different enough. I also heard few things about bullet customization but I still need to check that myself.

:necro:

i just tried this, did 4-5 missions and i had a question stuck in my head: when is this actually going to become fun?
nested menus into nested menus, horrible music, idiotic controls, extremely detatched structures, terrible voice acting, 15 years old graphics... i don't know how much longer i can stand this.

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy

i just tried this, did 4-5 missions and i had a question stuck in my head: when is this actually going to become fun?
nested menus into nested menus, horrible music, idiotic controls, extremely detatched structures, terrible voice acting, 15 years old graphics... i don't know how much longer i can stand this.

Return the gome and play phantasy star online 2 instead, fugnut

Cromwell

Arcane
Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/news/26846
Nuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! I all my finger buddies

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

http://pso2.playpark.com/en/news/26846
Apparently that version sucked anyway. There's always the ongoing translation.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
So as this appeared in this months Humble Monthly, I finally decided to pick it up. I'm about 10 hours into the first game, (God Eater Resurrection) that comes with it and enjoying it enough that I'm not thinking about finishing my Tyranny playthrough just yet. It's certainly pretty simple, and the first 3 sets of mission difficulty were basically an introduction, but there's just about enough skill required in picking out the Aragami weak spots that it's maintaining my interest. Just hit difficulty 4 missions and gained the ability to add passives to the weapons.

I have to say though, it's pretty clear where the developers strength lies:

QdG23zz.jpg

WCGkvV6.jpg

Aw4Lj8g.jpg

AfnJmLh.jpg

And there's boob physics as well, for maximum embarrassment when my wife is watching the screen.

kalganoat

Savant
That's honestly the only thing god eater is good for. Anime character design and story. Everything else is meh. Oh and if you played one you've played them all they are pretty much the same.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
That's honestly the only thing god eater is good for. Anime character design and story. Everything else is meh. Oh and if you played one you've played them all they are pretty much the same.

Yeah, 22 hours in and I've had enough. Although the skills are gated as you go up difficulty, the gameplay stays exactly the same. The Aragami get re-skinned and gain different elements, but it seems like it's the same at lvl 1 as lvl 6. They increase difficulty by throwing more big mobs at once, but that doesn't make it anymore fun when you're getting smashed by off screen attacks because the camera is shit. Small arena's, dull weapons, low move variety= no long term staying power.

It did provide me with some amusement when this happened though.
KzQYCtm.jpg
They're shameless with the fanservice!

Suicidal

Arcane
So the game's mediocre, I take it?

I'm thinking if I should subscribe to HB for this month. I kinda want to get Deus Ex, but alone it is not worth it to me for 12$, so I looked up a few videos of God Eater and honestly couldn't tell if the game seemed fun or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom