Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Geneforge is dumbed down Spore

Wyrmlord

Arcane
http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2008/09/genef ... -wars.html

I fucking love Ouugh.

Also

http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2008/09/in-so ... ow-to.html

So from the title "Clear Sky" I'm guessing this a bird watching game set in the U.S.S.R. after they lost the Cold War and we nuked them or some shit. Yea, you like S.T.A.L.K. birds and shit.
You're just one man on a mission to fucking CLEAR the SKY of fuckin birds because they like pissed you off by like eating your communist corn on a farm and then fucking your woman or some shit. Man if I was on a farm and some fucking bird came up and did that to me, dude I'd be fuckin' pissed and you better believe it.

Greatest blog in human history?

MetalCraze

Arcane
L4D review is also p. cool. Especially the comments of butthurt fanbois which means he finally hit the spot.

Left4dead.png

Left4dead2.png

As you can see, the Xbox version has vastly superior graphics compared to the PC. Unfortunately, the game is still a piece of shit.

:lol:

Well things in this blog are certainly better than that shit DU posts as news from other blogs.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Someone who visits this place, that's pretty sure.

overtenemy

Augur
skyway said:
L4D review is also p. cool. Especially the comments of butthurt fanbois which means he finally hit the spot.

The comments are pretty amusing at times, yes. Here's the L4D forum thread about it: http://left4deadforums.com/2999-prestig ... 4-a-2.html

I'll post the highlight for anyone that doesn't want to read the whole thread.

I dare him to play CS:S, I DARE HIM. He'd be yelling OMFG HAX0R N00BS everytime he was headshot...which would be often. Pc=casual gaming is the equivelant of saying CS:S=casual gaming 0_0
However I love how he said valve is a scam company and if you look at his reviews the only good ones are things like halo...which, although I do not hate, is schitzofranic (no clue how to spell it but it means mood swings/multiple personalities)and mediocre.
I also like that he thinks good graphics=good game crappy computer=crappy game casual game (VALVe's speciality)=crappy game. I should stop before I rant
(maybe I should make that my signature "I should stop before I rant" hmmm?

Gerrard

Arcane
It's like I'm really reading what console kiddies actually believe.

Pretty blunt trolling; not really going to rile many people up as it will be written off as trolling. Needs a lot more subtlety to be more effective, and coincidentally produce a lot more lulz.

Korgan

Arbiter
Like many bullshit games, Planescape is 2D. Now I'm no tech expert, but that's got to be at least 3 less D's than Fallout 3, which puts it on shaky ground with me to begin with. The game's engine also fails miserably at making use of my pimptastic computer. Actually, that's a tad inaccurate; it doesn't technically fail, because it doesn't fucking try in the first place! Again, I don't know much about numbers because they're for nerds, but I'd say the resolution is somewhere between five and ten. I looked it up, and Halo 3 has something called 720pp! Fucking Interplay couldn't even get me like 50pp.
:D

overtenemy

Augur
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Pretty blunt trolling; not really going to rile many people up as it will be written off as trolling. Needs a lot more subtlety to be more effective, and coincidentally produce a lot more lulz.

It's a funny thing, Edward. The reviews were not initially meant to be trolling attempts. They were there just for laughs, and we figured they were very easily discerned for what they were: jokes. But go look at the Clear Sky and Multiwinia reviews. They are the most obvious on the blog, and aren't even intended to make a statement about the game like a few on the site. Yet for all that, when they were posted on the respective official forums, many people took them dead fucking seriously.

The fanboy rage was immense particularly in the Clear Sky thread. It featured some Canadian guy telling us that we don't know shit because he worked on a nuclear submarine during the Cold War. It was truly classic, and again, not even intentional; we figured people would've realized it was a joke. He went so far as to write up a list of 10 things that were inaccurate about the review, which is still viewable in the comments section.

Also, if a rise in lulz was direct result of the review containing more subtlety, it wouldn't be a coincidental increase.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
With no way to change the appearance of your creatures, it is impossible to create a dickbeast in Geneforge! That was the nail in the coffin for the editor right there.
I couldn't agree any more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom