Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Gearhead cruises to .820

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Gearhead

<A href="http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/">Gearhead</a> is now up to version .820, but you'll have to grab it from the <A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gearhead_dev">Gearhead Dev Yahoo Group</a> as that's the only download site for it right now. There are two versions available, the ASCII one and the one that uses the <a href="Http://www.libsdl.org">SDL library</a>. Here's a list of changes:
<br>
<br>
<ul><li>Can now switch visible enemies when selecting target (gflooker.pp)</li><li>Lancemates will use social skills if known (aibrain.pp)</li><li>Can swap places with lancemate in roguelike interface (pcaction.pp)</li><li>Added GlobalStoryPattern ASL command (arenascript.pp)</li><li>Added Animal Trainer talent (ghchars.pp)</li><li>PCSkillVal, XPV changed from macros to hardcoded functions (arenascript.pp)</li><li>Story XP awards divided evenly among lancemates (arenascript.pp)</li><li>If no damage found, repair skills applied as clue skills (pcaction.pp)</li><li>Repair skills may now be used in a direction (pcaction.pp)</li><li>Fixed crash when trying to learn new skill with no XP (pcaction.pp)</li><li>SOLO tag in Scene TYPE SAtt blocks deployment of lancemates (interact.pp)</li><li>Added Leadership, Dominate Animal, Robotics skills (ghchars.pp,skilluse.pp)</li><li>Lancemates will use repair skills if supplies present (aibrain.pp)</li><li>Character file deleted at start, restored at victory (navigate.pp)</li><li>Install and Extract now use team Mecha Engineering skill (backpack.pp)</li><li>SkRoll ASL function now uses TeamSkill (arenascript.pp)</li><li>PC may activate the clue skills known by lancemates (backpack.pp,pcaction.pp)</li><li>Lancemates may be assigned mecha (backpack.pp)</li><li>Added Lancemate Viewer to FieldHQ (pcaction.pp)</li><li>Lancemates won't normally be selected for plots (arenascript.pp)</li><li>Lancemates use blank personas while members of party (arenascript.pp)</li><li>At shops lancemates will also be repaired, reloaded (services.pp)</li><li>Can transfer items to lancemates (backpack.pp)</li><li>Lancemates should appear near PC in scene (locale.pp)</li><li>Lancemates follow PC (arenaplay.pp)</li><li>Personal allies may join the PC's lance (arenascript.pp)</li><li>Fixed bug in bumpattack (pcaction.pp)</li><li>XPV command will give experience even if PC not on map (arenascript.pp)</li><li>RLInterface will perform minimal turn to do bumpattack (pcaction.pp)</li></ul>
<br>
<br>
So now you can create robot monsters and control animals. Ain't that just nifty?
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>EEVIAC</b>!
<br>

EEVIAC

Erudite
This is part of the post about the robotics skill on the yahoo group that got me interested :

aquillion said:
If you succeed exceedingly well and make a robot that's good at everything, the robot may be self-aware, allowing you to talk to it, assign it to a mech, train its skills directly, and use it in every other way like an ally. If it's not self-aware, then it will be like a pet, though it may still have good skills.

Yes, you can build a robot entirely out of survival knives or spears if you want. It will work fine. Sheet metal works particularlywell. My favorate, though, is the robot I built entirely out of glue.

I've been slogging through BG&E for most of the week so I haven't really had a chance to try out the new skills. Crafting skills should be a pre-requisite for all RPG's as far as I'm concerned.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm more interested in controlling animals with the powers of my mind! The thing is, I never found many animals, only some sort of dragon thing that kicked my ass.

EEVIAC

Erudite
Go into the Hogye Mines - there's about five different varieties of Rat, Iron Monkeys, and Fire Dragons. Better still, the sewer in Downtown Snake Lake has heaps of nasty critters. Personally, I'm just not into the whole Beastmaster thing.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
EEVIAC said:
That's like asking for a fuck on a first date. How about an interview or a review first?

I did that once. I'm still on the run from the robotic ninja assassins she sicked on me. >.> <.<

kthxbye

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom