Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Gearhead 2 plots up version .240

LlamaGod

Cipher
UnReal World is pretty neat. It is pretty difficult, but thats the nature of the game. All about taking easy and careful steps one at a time and spending time on things.

It's kinda fun when you establish some sort of free little meta-game that plays like a deadly version of Sims. I was a fisherman and found a big lake and I knew cooking abilities, so I was able to provide myself my own food and water for as long as needed.

I spent time with learning clothes making and chopping wood and slowly and stediliy made myself warm clothing and a cabin for the winter. I could've easily kept on and started talking to villages and get married and have a big home and everything.

It was a pretty neat game. The only real goals are to keep yourself alive in all sorts of ways.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Gambler said:
The good thing about GearHead is that it feels meaningful. It's not just dugneons, dungeons, dungeons... There are people to speak with, and a lot of scripted sequences, plus the world of the game has a history.

Not to mention that actions and inactions have consequences. I had a falling out with my corporation in a game I was playing because I was taking orders from a bad guy in the ranks of the corporation. Something about them wanting me to take out civilians I kept refusing to do. Oh well!

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Naked_Lunch said:
The only reason I use the graphical version of Gearhead is because I like the UI better.
Yeah the UI is better since you can use the mouse to navigate it, but I'm enjoying the ASCII version more for some reason.

Question: I'm playing ADOM and I came across an issue multiple times now. Some levels in the first dungeon do not have stairways, which would restrict me for finishing the quests (such as finding the carpenter). I would restart my character and playthrough, hoping to reach my quest objective, but to no avail. Is this a bug? If it were, I would think more people would have posted about it on other forums, but I haven’t seen anything written about it, even in the FAQ.

I have opened all doors and gone through all the rooms, yet I still can't find the stairs to go down. And I know that it's not the end of the dungeon because in some games it's the first floor. Any help would be appreciated.

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elwro said:
"s"earch?

edit: you can also use a certain medical item you can get early in the game...
Actually I just figured it out. I have to kick a wall that I believe is a hidden door. I do that a few times and the wall gives way, and the room is revealed. Thanks for the help.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
As a side note (from the best guidebook):
"Some doors are hidden and must be 's'earched for. A ring of searching will do this automatically. Alternatively, secret doors may be discovered by 'k'icking them. Kicking a normal dungeon wall results in the message "You hurt your foor kicking the wall!". Kicking a concealed secret door results in the message "You really hurt your foot kicking the wall!""

Whoa, I've been playing this game for 8 years I think, and I didn't know it. I discovered the stetoscope usage, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom