Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Gaming Media drools all over KOTOR

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

<a href=http://www.gaming-media.com>Gaming Media</a> posted one of the most retarded <a href=http://www.gaming-media.com/rpg/kotorpc_review.shtml>reviews</a> of <b>KOTOR</b> ever, giving it <b>96%</b> and <b>Platinum Award</b> for <i>being able to choose between light and dark side, and incredibly deep gameplay</i>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><u>Battling in the game adds a new kind of genre to the overly developing RPG style and will hopefully be seen in later games.</u> With the ability to pause during a fight and pick the moves you want. Or to choose them even while you fight makes strategic combos different ways to kill each enemy. One way of combos might lead to your death but the next time you face that foe, and choose a different set you can actually change the outcome of the fight. <u>Melee and long ranged attacks have been balanced for equal amounts of strategy.</u> For example someone with a gun could probably do some damage before you reach them with your melee attack but with a light saber you will automatically deflect gun shots off from hitting you, giving the opportunity to strike unharmed. The various planets you can visit are extensive with many mini missions to accomplish. There has been times were I spent three-five hours on each planet. With the first planet as more of a learning curve, you get right into the game and the challenges lives on through the whole game. Especially when you’re introduced to a dark Jedi where I found myself having to restart many times before finishing them.</blockquote>
<br>
Every time I think that I found the most idiotic review ever, somebody else rises to the challenge. A new kind of genre to the overly developed RPG style, huh? Blows your mind
<br>
<br>
<br>

<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Voss

Erudite
RP: Good idea!

Now. for the 'review'

Combat- not a genre.
Pausing isn't new.
Combos? What? You queue orders. Combos is a fairly specific term from fighting games. And they don't lead to death. Thats the rolls
Need to learn what strategy means.
melee and ranged balance? Bwahhaha.. and to continue by saying the sabers block shots, how CAN they be balanced?
3-5 hours for each of a handful of planets = short game.
Killed by dark Jedi (and, introduced to? Try the word, encounter). And develop some game playing skills. Most are not hard fights...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
They only thought it was announced? I'm surprised they didn't hit the stores expecting to buy it after all it was a hit in US :? They sold them (BG3 and FO3) as a bundle.

fremdkoerper

Novice
yeah...

Vault Dweller said:
They only thought it was announced? I'm surprised they didn't hit the stores expecting to buy it after all it was a hit in US :? They sold them (BG3 and FO3) as a bundle.

the incredible "dead presidents 3 superpack".

it all turned out brilliant. someone should tell Josh about it !!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom